View Single Post
Old 01-10-2001, 03:49 PM   #7
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Yeah, the Lentech VB is the way to go. As far as the 1-2-1 shuffle. If you must do it, do it only when racing or at the track. Hold 1st until about 500 rpm's before your desired shift point and then push it to second. AOD's that I've driven generally have a 500 rpm delay or so from when you shift to when the tranny shifts. That being the case, I shift at 5500 so the shift hits at 6000. After you push it into second, I would give the tranny a second to engage the gear and then another second after it has engaged fully. After that, pull it back into 1st while still at WOT. Shift back into D when you want to hit 3rd.

Like 88Cobra said, it can be detrimental to the tranny. Therefore, I would only do it while racing. Also, avoid hitting OD at WOT to save your tranny. The best solution is to get a manually shifting or revised valve body from the likes of Lentech so you don't have to worry about it.

--nathan

------------------
--silver_pilate

'91 GT, Built 306, Wolverine 1087 cam, ported Windsor Jr. Irons, and all the goodies...click the link to the left to see a full list of my mods...

Tried and True 302 Being Built to Outrun You! heh heh heh...
--Texas Panhandle--
Check out my site
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote