MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-26-2004, 06:28 PM   #1
Rosco
Registered Member

Default LPE Vette

Yeah...so it's all bad news now. About 3 weeks ago we got finished installing a LPE blower on my fathers '98 Vette. Now, I love mustangs, but I must say...I have pretty much killed every car I have raced in the area so far. LPE est. the car should do 11.7 in the 1/4 on factory tires. Apart from alot of tire spin off the line and around 40mph in 1st gear, and hitting 2nd to hard the car pulls like crazy. I have actually had to apologize to fellow mustang owners, and I feel somewhat bad And I will post some nice racing stories when I actually get a good race around here. If anyone is interested I could get a couple pics for ya also.
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 05:44 PM   #2
Dave_mustang_50
Registered Member

Ah yes, blowers are wonderful things. Just curious though, what is an lpe blower? Im not much into bowties but if ya get a chance, post a pic or two.I`d like to see it.

Sold 92 Rag Top GT
Procharged & intercooled DSS 331 LC
Holley Systemax 2 Intake, Edelbrock RPM Heads,E 303 ,blow thru air meter, race bypass, 42 pph injectors,65mm tb,1.7 rr, Mac long tube headers w/off road H pipe, Force 2 catback, TKO,Pro 5.0, K&N, Alum DS,3 core radiator, subframe connectors,3.73`s, Nitto DR`s and a Heavy Foot.
Dave_mustang_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 12:10 AM   #3
srv1
Get down.....

Really? Like who? I dont remember seeing you race anyone around here. Actually I dont ever remember meeting you. Your Mustang or your dads vette that you basically beat everyone around here?

I am curious.....

James
Old 05-31-2004, 08:15 PM   #4
Rosco
Registered Member

LPE is short for Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. LPE purchases the kit from MagnaCharger and does some custom work on the blower, also supplying bigger injectors, and custom lifetime tuning on the computer. Only problem is, you need to buy a different hood to actually fit the blower. Which isn't so bad until you realize that there are only 3 hoods in production that will fit it. The only other mods are the dual K&N intake in the front, and the catback exhaust. Pictures can be found here Pictures The Pictures aren't that great, as do to the crappy weather out here. But soon enough we should get some real nice pictures with the small added details on the outside. LPE claims that with the blower alone, it should be pushing out 500hp/480ftlbs at the flywheel. Along with 11.7 in the 1/4 and a 0-60 3.7 time. These claims are also based on the fact of it running on the factory tires. Which in turn I am trying to convince my father to go with some DR's. Oh and also if you have a Certified mechanic install it, (my father and myself did it ourself's) you can get a $250 worth $5k on the blower, motor, and trans. (We just got a tech to sign the installation stuff)

And as for you James, you will meet us sometime I am actally in the process of getting another mustang due to the fact of myself totalling mine. But hey, anytime I'm in it and seeya, we can deffinitly have a run at it. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that you can't hear the tires spin over the blower
LPE HomePage
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote