Thread: LS1, cmon now!
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2002, 01:00 PM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Default LS1, cmon now!

I pulled up next to a silver LS1 Z28 today, and I let him take the jump (big mistake, but it happened too fast!!) Pulled up next to him, heard him downshift, so I floored it!
He put an instant 1 1/2 - 2 cars on me, but once I had it to the floor, I started SLOWLY pulling on him! We took it up to about 100, when a car suddenly pulled out in front of him. He SLAMMED his brakes on, and later on down the road I threw up the peace sign, and he returned it. So, nice guy. He had different exhuast (round tips rather than the stock ones) but I have NO clue what other mods he had. This is only my second run-in with an LS1 Z from a roll, and both times I've been pretty close to them. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that real world LS1's arent piloted by the best of them. I'm sure there are those that run high 12's with exhaust when driven by skilled drivers, but the one's I've seen can't be better than 13.6 or so.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote