MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-21-2001, 11:58 AM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Talking To LS1: No its not stock...;-)

95MustangGT and I were out cruisin in the 98 Saturday night when we pulled up to a light next to an LS1 Camaro.

Well you know how it goes.... He looks at you, you look at him, you look at the light, he looks at the light.... Its time to run em...

Light goes green and we both walk out normally. Then he nails it halfway through the intersection and gets about 1/2 car lead. I nail it, no wheel spin and its even by the end of the intersection at about the middle of second...

By the top of third it was way over with him well in my rear view mirror by a couple car lengths...

The funny thing was that 95MustangGT starts dying with laughter and he says, "You should've seen the look on his face when we blew past in second. It was funny as he$$!

Wish I would've looked.... Oh well, safer to keep your eyes on the road anyway...

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
381.8 rwhp 377.6 rwtq

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 01:25 PM   #2
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Keep you eyes on the road. Tell 95 to bring his camera and post the pic on the net.

Good Job!!!

------------------
1997 Black Cobra Convertible. #2788 of 3088
Mostly Stock - Vortech Anyone?
1988 5.0 LX Convertible -Work Car...Few Mods.
Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 04:11 PM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I've been waiting for you to post this one ...

This was awesome. First, Hammers car is running real strong. I mean we washed our cars and then on the way home I nailed it and he just walked away like I was driving in reverse!

So we are out on the town looking for some races. We had just killed a 87-93 Mustang GT, which was also funny, but I'll let Hammer tell that story with all it's fanfare .

Up to the light we pull. And here is this guy in a nice new blue Z28. You know this kind of guy. Clean cut, all cocky, thinking he's going to kick some SN95 a$$.

So the race goes like Hammer describes, except we were passing the guy just as he was shifting to second.

He went to look behind his shoulder to see how bad he was beating us. Only to his extreme surprise, the yellow 98 GT was beside him gaining tremendous speed!!

Buddy looked so shocked! The look on his face was priceless, and the reason for the 10 minutes of gut busting laughter.
How could this Lowly Mustang (an SN95 at that!) take his mighty brand spanking new Camaro?!?

Well to that I can only say "No it's not stock..."

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote