MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   LS1 spanked me bad (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=28400)

bri32zz 09-02-2002 08:10 PM

LS1 spanked me bad

Just got back home after getting my butt spanked by an LS1. Here is the story. I was on the way to the gas station when this new looking trans am pulled up next to me at the light. I looked over at him and he looked at me. I knew it was on then. The light turned green and we both punched it. Right off the bat I was ahead of him by 4 feet. Once he got traction he must of got me by at least 10 cars. I was so humiliated (sp) by this loss. I just gave hime the thumbs up and turned into the gas station. I really did believe my wifes Daewoo could take him:)

Nitrous Al 09-02-2002 08:17 PM

How fast is your car and fast do you think the LS1 was?

bri32zz 09-02-2002 08:21 PM

well considering I was driving my wife's daewoo that has 87 hp I know I did not even have a chance. Now my car is pretty fast and LS1's are also fast, that is dissapearing in my rearview.

Shelby428cj 09-02-2002 10:22 PM

OUCH!!!!!!!! Dude that sucks ooooooo well we can't win em all!!

See Ya,
Karen

*Steeda90GT* 09-03-2002 12:05 PM

LOL, I was shocked when I read your mods, then I re-read your story and realized you were driving the wife's car.

The Deuce 09-03-2002 01:07 PM

You really shouldn't be racing that Daewoo. I hear they are stripping the new cars for parts since they declared bankrupcy. Actually, I'd dumb it on some kid asap and get a hyundai, or kia

lx mike 09-03-2002 02:52 PM

Brian! where the hell ya been!!!!

I thought you was selling your car?? change your mind?? check your p.m list!

Mike

bri32zz 09-03-2002 09:10 PM

I am selling my car but no one will pay the amount I am asking. Do not want to but my wife says it has to go. Mike my pc was broken for the longest time. I will be back in FL in a few weeks so lets hook up.

mysweetlx 09-04-2002 01:01 PM

LMAO......somehow I thought the LS1 would be able to take your wife's Daewoo after 2nd gear. Those Daewoo's are real sleepers. :D

VT StangFreak 09-05-2002 12:00 AM

Hatred of LS1's!

I am a DIEHARD FORD FAN!!! I had a 96 GT, which I sold and bought a built up 89GT. I hate to hear about LS1's beating any Mustang. I spent a week on www.LS1tech.com site tyring to defend Ford's and Mustangs in general, it was no use. Those GM guys are gay! I have a brand new 302 with some major mods including Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, cobra upper and lower intake, Pro M mass air, 65mm throttle body, ford racing clutch, aluminum drive shaft, rebuilt tranny, and 3.55 gears, to name a few. I run a 12.5 right now. I want to know what I have to do to never lose to a LS1!!! My boy has a 30th anniversary T/A. I know I can beat him now, but when he puts those heads and cam in it might be a different story. Let me know fellas. Good to be with some guys who know some sense. Blue Oval for life!