View Single Post
Old 07-05-2002, 06:03 AM   #1
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Default LS1 SS On the highway.... (long)

I went and picked up a Mustang buddy to give him a funrun in my car. So we go on the highway and I give her. A few kilometers down I take an exit to come back to the meet. At the red light, a nice white LS1 SS drives by us. So I take the turn and follow him.

There is a car between him and I as we get on the highway. So I give her in second gear and slow down beside him. My car is loud so I jump it a couple of times and see if he takes the bait. I am in the middle lane and he is in the far (4 lane in our direction) right. He remains like this for a few seconds. I look at my passenger and say "I guess he isn't taking the bait". But he start to move his way in the fast lane. About 3 cars behind me I can see him come up real fast. When he is about 1 car behind I floor 3rd gear and go. He gets beside me and I match his speed and go into 4th, I start pulling away from him with my clutch slipping. I shut it down at the top of 4th with a few cars on him but I think he shut it down when I started to pull more than a car on him.

It was a guy in his 40's with his wife, I gave him the thumbs up but he only waved back whitout even looking at me. He didn't seem to happy about it. I bet he doesn't loose a lot against Fox bodied Mustangs!

It's not a Z06 but that will do for now!
Lots more....
Best so far on ET Streets:
12.11 @ 117.7 Mph
1.84 60ft
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote