MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2002, 08:51 AM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up LS1 went down!

OK, it wasn't me in my car. It was Hammer. He didn't post this race, so I thought I would (Hope you don't mind budy ).

Hammer and I detailed our cars on Sunday afternoon, and boy was it awesome out! Clear skies warm weather (I have the sun burn to prove it).

After we were done we went for a cruise in his car (Mines fun, but just does seem to be able to keep up ).

Not long after we rolled out on the street and very loud LS1 Camaro seemed to notice a very shiny Chrome Yellow Mustang. I'm sure this guy figured that he'd "hand the 96-98 4.6L GT his a**", but he'd be in for a surprise .

We played a bit and the LS1 just didn't have the power to keep up. We then got on to a street with less traffic and then things got opened up! we went FROM A ROLL, Hammer 1, LS1 0.

Back and forth, back and forth. Every time Hammer pulled on the guy. I have to admit it was close until Yellowjacket hit 3500-4000 RPM and the boost kicked in and we passed the guy.

To top it all off there was Hammer, Me, and my wife ALL in the car for that little bit of weight disadvantage.

The guy in the LS1 said that he had 4.10's. He obviously had exhaust, and who knows what else.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote