MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-21-2002, 03:18 AM   #1
88coupe
Registered Member

Default LT1 Z28, 92 Saleen Clone, 260Z kills

Well the night started really slow, basically me and 2 other friends hanging out at Hastings. We were reading some magazines and we could hear a posse of fart pipes outside. A group of kids walked in and I heard one say "They better have the new SuperStreet in or im gonna be pissed!" Well we knew who was making all the noise outside now. We went outside, smoked a cigarette and got in the coupe. One of the rice boys was ahead of us and I was next to him at a light. He threw about 10 revs and went on the green. I wasn't really down racing right on MAIN STREET. So I only gave it 1/4 throttle. The little civic 4 door thought he beat me. Let him go then we noticed that he had went to McDonalds, and he was with an automatic LT1 Convertible Z28. Decided to go get my buddy Brocks 92 Saleen Clone, so we'd have another stang with us, and to lift some weight off my car.

Went in to McD's and Brock started stirring the ****. They were all down to race so we all left and I gave the civic the *** kicking it deserved finally. Went from a stop 2 times with the Z28. First time I spun through first, grabbed second hard and pulled on the Z hard. Then I missed 3rd (doh) and the Z28 caught up to my door, got back in gear, then started pulling away... Shut down due to traffic. had about 1 car on it. Went one more time...Nothing went wrong other than a little spinning but hooked up, power shifted to the top of 4th with a nice chirp at every shift. Hmm, I looked back. I had pulled at least 10 cars on the Z..... Now my car isn't slow but damn I expected a better run then that. It had a funky cowl hood and flowmasters... some fat chick was driving it ?

Me and Brock lined it up. *A little side note, Brocks car is a 1992 Saleen clone, and had constantly defeated me when i had the automatic. He ran a 14.04@97.4, but it pulls like a 13 second car on the street.* We went from a slow roll in first.. He honked 3 times and we were off. I spun, he hooked up. I grabbed second and finally hooked up and he had about a car and a half on me. Now I was playing catch up, shifted into 4rd at his rear bumper and had about half a car on him at the top of 4 and Shut down. Finally beat the guy that pretty much showed me how to drive a mustang right. I love 5-speeds!

Stopped at a gas station and my friend needed to go home, and asked if he could drive my car. So I let him. On the way back, a Nissan 260Z pulled up next to us. Was in Primer with some Eagle 5 spoke 17's.... Actually looked pretty cool, would be sweet in black. I told me friend to go for it, and the Z car put up a better fight than the Z28, had about 3 cars on it at 60 MPH, didn't want to go any faster, to much traffic, and That was with my friend shifting the mustang like my grandma too.. I wonder if it had anything done to it, he wouldnt roll down his window to ask (probably didn't work)

Sorry for being so long, if anyone actually read any of this... Was a fun night... Was the fastest car there.... FOR ONCE.
88coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 03:26 AM   #2
20LbsBoost

Default Re: LT1 Z28, 92 Saleen Clone, 260Z kills

Quote:
Originally posted by 88coupe
Well the night started really slow, basically me and 2 other friends hanging out at Hastings. We were reading some magazines and we could hear a posse of fart pipes outside. A group of kids walked in and I heard one say "They better have the new SuperStreet in or im gonna be pissed!" Well we knew who was making all the noise outside now. We went outside, smoked a cigarette and got in the coupe. One of the rice boys was ahead of us and I was next to him at a light. He threw about 10 revs and went on the green. I wasn't really down racing right on MAIN STREET. So I only gave it 1/4 throttle. The little civic 4 door thought he beat me. SNIP
Dude, you know what's so funny about this quote.... That moron will post on his ricer board how he smoked a Mustang and think he's the sh|t, seriously! Those guys are sooo weak....ok, better get off my soapbox before I really say something inappropriate about those "car enthusiasts".

Been thinking about signing up to the "Rice Haters" board I see in our members sig's.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:36 AM   #3
88coupe
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: LT1 Z28, 92 Saleen Clone, 260Z kills

Quote:
Originally posted by 20LbsBoost
Dude, you know what's so funny about this quote.... That moron will post on his ricer board how he smoked a Mustang and think he's the sh|t, seriously! Those guys are sooo weak....ok, better get off my soapbox before I really say something inappropriate about those "car enthusiasts".

Been thinking about signing up to the "Rice Haters" board I see in our members sig's.
Yeah I know, which made even more fun to go talk smack to them at McDonalds. I wasn't gonna let the night end without the kid seeing my tailights from about 20 car lengths behind me... Hopefully that would solve the problem.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:02 AM   #4
20LbsBoost

Default Re: Re: Re: LT1 Z28, 92 Saleen Clone, 260Z kills

Quote:
Originally posted by 88coupe
Yeah I know, which made even more fun to go talk smack to them at McDonalds. I wasn't gonna let the night end without the kid seeing my tailights from about 20 car lengths behind me... Hopefully that would solve the problem.
Oh, I know where you're coming from but he'll still chalk up the 1st run as a win. I've seen their "wins" posted on their boards. It's comical! He'll say that he got the jump on the Mustang the 1st time and he couldn't catch up, but the 2nd race he was prepared and I lost or some BS like that.

Nice job on the kills!
Old 11-22-2002, 02:28 AM   #5
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
On the way back, a Nissan 260Z pulled up next to us. Was in Primer with some Eagle 5 spoke 17's.... Actually looked pretty cool, would be sweet in black. I told me friend to go for it, and the Z car put up a better fight than the Z28, had about 3 cars on it at 60 MPH, didn't want to go any faster, to much traffic, and That was with my friend shifting the mustang like my grandma too.. I wonder if it had anything done to it, he wouldnt roll down his window to ask (probably didn't work)
To answer your question, yes. A stock 260z is no where near as fast as any late model z28. I know from first hand experience with old Z's. Those cars have a stout straight 6 block, and respond well to mods. You can get dual webbers for them, not to mention making big horsepower other ways.

What did the car sound like? I ask because you can drop a 350 under the stock hood without a whole lot of hoopla. But then you should lose if its built at all. Those cars are dang lite.

Nice kills all the way around. I like those rims on the fox. Did you do the 5 lug conversion yourself?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 01:22 PM   #6
88coupe
Registered Member

The car wasn't loud at all... Definatly not a v8 under the hood. About the 5-lug conversion.. I bought all the parts, the only thing I didn't do myself was put in the axles. I had the guy that was putting gears in my car throw them in because he already had the rear end apart. Converting the front is just basically doing a brake job, but instead of putting on the old rotors you put the 5 lug ones on.
Old 11-23-2002, 04:20 AM   #7
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 20LbsBoost
Ohh, they don't need to be loud or sound like a V-8 to be fast. Just view this (like I said, the proof's in the puddin'):
http://www.krif.com/tta/Movies/TTA%2...a%20stang.mpeg
Not really sure what a TTA has to do with a 260z. I was only commenting to the fact that there was some serious motor work done to the Z, and a v8 swap is an easy way to get there.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote