View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 12:49 PM   #1
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Default LT1 Z28 for breakfast

On my way to work this morning I noticed a white late '90s Z28 coming up on me fast. We got into a 4 lane section and a light turned red for us. It turned out to be a buddy of mine who has always been into Mustangs. He said he just bought a Cobra and it was getting detailed, so he borrowed his friend's manual LT1 Z28. I've raced him when he had a Fox 5.0, and I know he can drive. We both launched a little cautiously so as not to spin. I picked up about 1/2 a car at the top of first after I let the clutch all the way out. I went hard into 2nd and spun 'em a little, but it didn't seem to hurt. By the top of 2nd I had about a car length on him and was still pulling on him. I saw a cop way up ahead so we shut 'em down. Didn't get a chance to ask him if it had any mods.
I guess with roughly the same horsepower and me having a weight advantage, he didn't have too much of a chance.
He's supposed to give me a call this afternoon so I can race his Cobra. Not sure what year it is.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote