MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-12-2001, 01:12 PM   #1
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Post Lucky new hat

Well, my new Ford Racing hat seems to have magical powers. Usually around here I am lucky to get 1 or 2 decent races per week other than with my other Mustang friends.
Wearing this new hat for the first time, I raced 4 V8 cars with my '00 in one day.
First was an early 90s Thunderbird with a loud exhaust and big back tires - raced him a couple times from a stoplight and smoked him pretty hard; maybe 3 cars or more by 60.
Next up was a 99-00 GT vert. With the extra weight of the vert and my 315's broken in and hooking like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, I got a good 1 car jump on him off the line and slowly pulled further and further on him.
3rd race was some kind of 71-73 Stang with a load dual exhaust. Not really worth racing - I could hear it pinging when he jumped, but another victory nonetheless.
Last race was with an early 90s older body style TransAm (not sure if it was a 305 or 350). We came to a red light and it went green on us about 20 ft from the stop. I got a little overzealous with the throttle and got some serious rumpshake before it grabbed (barely stayed in my lane :-}, but once it grabbed I pulled on him about like the Thunderbird.
Sorry for the long post, but days like this are rare for me...

Kick *** and leave hoofprints!

------------------
2000GT Atlantic Blue: Cobra R Wheels-17x9 255/40/17, 17x10.5 315/35/17, tubular K-member & control arms, Tokico 5-ways, coil overs, sway bars, strut/shock tower bars, 70mm FMS throttle body, Saleen nose.
79 Pace Car: Maximum Motorsports suspension - H&R Race springs, Bilsteins, rear control arms, chassis bracing, Draglites, 302 w/ Edelbrock Performer intake, cam and 600cfm carb, BBK equal-lengths & H-pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 2chmbr exhaust, Al Driveshaft, 8.8 trak-loc, TCI C4 w/ 2000 stall, B&M
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 03:54 PM   #2
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Wonder if my Ford Racing hat will bring me good luck when I take my car out of winter storage? Good Kills

------------------
1991 GT, AOD, Moroso Cold Air, 3.73s, March pulleys, 3-chamber(the left one fell off-NO time+No Money=College), FMS c-springs, and KYBs
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 04:33 PM   #3
Fostang
Registered Member

Crap now you have me wishing I would have bought the Ford Racing hat I saw the other day. Better go and pick up sometime soon.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote