MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2001, 12:18 AM   #1
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Cool LX 5.0 goes down, followed by Accord? hehe

Well, on my way back home from Duluth I ran across a Fox LX. First glance told me it was a 4banger, couldn't make out dual tips, it was late night. I'm travelling down 35-S going about 75, a couple over the limit and I notice the LX begins pacing me. He's in my blind spot, but I can see his headlights. He has to get into the left lane behind me for upcoming slow movers. Not wanting to chance them for cops I slow down to the legal posting of 70.

Then as I pass I notice the LX is trying a ricer flyby??!! Damn, he's already coming up fast, I'm a little too fast for 2nd I'd only be in it for about 5mph and I'm in 4th (thought it could be a 5.0 and he might try something so no 5th), I drop it to 3rd and hammer it.

Momentum takes him about a car length ahead of me, but by the top end of third I'm pulling ahead, I slam 4th and it's over. I slow down and he goes past merges infront of me to get around a guy in the right lane coming up, I gave him space. I was content in my obvious victory, but to my suprise the LX hadn't had enough, he tromps it down again and he's off. We were back to 75ish when he pulled that on me, already with a 4 car lead. No way! Pull that ricer **** on me! I give the GT a full wide open blast, if this clown wants to see the difference for sure then fine with me! As I slam into 4th I'm gaining like mad again, I fly by him and put on a few lengths to let him know he's not even close. I was really moving. I know the road no ramps, clear and straight and wide, by the time I was shutting down lengths were piled up a little and the tach said 5800rpm, in 4th. With 2.73's. My tach reads high by a few hundo I'm sure but I was hauling the mail quicker than the USPS for sure. **** ... -15* is good for something.

Tonight I was rolling down to Burnsville when I run into a <insert laugh here> Accord that wanted a piece. I didn't know if he was modded or what, but when traffic cleared he moved right up to the stang and looked over. Hat on backwards, I looked over and laughed. He jumped forward, I dropped it down to 2nd@55, powershifted into 3rd about 75ish and the rear end kicked out (crazy **** ) never had that happen before must've been shitty road or something. Figured Accord boy wouldn't want to take a chance after that. I slowed back down, but nope, he wanted some still. Okay... Suit yourself . Traffic was clear for a ways, he jumped, I hammered it in 2nd walked him easy, hit 3rd and began piling car lengths up to about maybe 90. He caught back up when I slowed back to the limit (55) and I gave him a wave, he waved back, exited off. Accord something or other, it didn't even have the plates yet.

All in all, I can't say enough about how good this D&D performance "z" spec T-5 shifts. Gives me a lot of confidence to really bang some gears.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote