MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-12-2002, 02:22 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Talking Marya (WS-6) challenges Me (2000 GT). Wittnesses.

I know The Sandman is going to hate this one. I dont doubt the power of LS-1's. It has finally been proven to me that a sligthly moddified LS-1 Formula will run in the High 12's with a very skilled driver. So I'm not knocking the LS-1's.

Saturday night (The best day of my young life), I went out real quick to hunt down this annouying guy in a Fox body 5.0. I wasnt fast enought on getting to my car and finding my keys to catch him though. After I drove around for a few minutes to hunt him down, I turned and went back to the parking lot.

As soon as I came back, Marya ran up to my Passenger side window leaned in, and with this big smile, and wide eyes she challenged me.

"So, you feel like racing tonight. You wanna race me?"

After a few moments of thinking. I tell her to get her keys, and to be ready to drive it hard. She makes this giddy smile and runs off to her car. I pull foward and ease through the crowd. Several ask why Marya's getting in her car and ask where were going. I just smile, and Rev. I'm not sure if they heard me between revs but I told them I got a Chicken to cook.

I wait till she gets behind me, we drive slowly through the crowd and when we get clear of the people she nails it and passes me in the parking lot. Okay, I'll play catch up. We rev the whole time. People knew what was going on.

I heard from my friends that little was said, people just watched. An LS-1 guy yelled "That Ram Air can run, that girl can drive. Its gonna smoke that GT."

At that time we had both pulled out and were rolling next to one another. She jumped on me, my nose at her rear tire. Both holding a gear ( I cant remember which one.) She nailed it first, and quickly I nailed it. All I could hear was my Exhaust screaming, and fill my rear giving a slight indication that it was slididng. I patted the throttle slightly, to make sure I was going to hook.

She pulled on me very slowly. A couple of feet at first. Maybe 4-5. When I started building up the RPM though, I was realing her right back in. When I shifted, she would start pulling me a foot or two. We were even by the time I went into Third. In Third I started pulling away, and I ran third out. The more I went into Third, the more I pulled on her. Her nose was probably about 2-3 feet behind my rear bumper. Maybe..It might of been at my rear bumper It was hard to tell, adn I didnt want to take away to much attention to driving. I know that when I looked to my left, I couldnt see her. I could hear her engine winding out though.

We let off. At about 95 MPH. WE went driving around some looking for a light on a lonely highway or road. I went down a side road. Held First gear, she was behind me. I gave it a goose so she would know whats up. I waited till she was right on my tail and nailed it.

She stayed there pretty good, but by the time I hit 90. The 1/2 car gap between us turned into a 2-3 car length gap.

On our way back the hang out. We did a side by side 2nd gear roll from around 45. It was close, stayed pretty even the whole time, but as my speed built up and started getting the RPM's up in third gear, I started walking away. Slowly at first, then a little bit quicker. I hit fourth. Took it up to 110 maybe a little after. She had managed to stop loosing ground. But by the end of it. I still had a car lenght lead on her.

When we cruised back around to the parking lot, we stayed only for a mintue of two. Didnt really get to find out what people thought.

I heard the next day from my friends though. All the people that know me, werent surprised at all. I'm surprised by there confidence in me. BudManGT said it wasnt any surprise, but the guy that said I'd loose, the LS-1 guy was like "Damn, thats one strong GT."

We didnt get to go from a stop though. Thats what I wanted to do. I'm not sure of her launching ability. I know thats very critical, and a good show of who the better driver is. More dependent on the driver, and not so much on the car (Like rolling start) Next time we will drive till we find a light on a secluded road. Hehehehe.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 02:56 PM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Way to go man, kick some fireturd butt.

Just make just not the make Marya mad by beating her

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:36 PM   #3
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Merc

Congrats on the wins. Was Marya 'ok' with the losses?

Sounds like you have a real strong runner in that GT. You've got to get it to the track for some ETs - I'm curious!

Take it easy,
E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 07:07 PM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Yeah Merc what does your car run at the track?

I would be real curious to know.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 10:33 PM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Not the foggiest

I have no clue what she'll run at the track. I have the 21st, and 22nd off, and hope to go to the track that Thursday with my buddies to find out.

There all wanting to see what I can do also. But street is diffrent than the strip. Plus I drive my car like I stole it when I'm racing.

Hey Budman, The Sandman,Mike Navigator, and Tim C, how bad did it look like I pulled on her?

Marya (WEre talking again) said she'd like to go to the track also, and see what she can run. Maybe she'll let me take the bird for a run or two.

Nah, she was cool about the losses. I expected her to say something like "You can keep up with me, dang." But she just made this surprised face (She is always talking about how much more power her car has than mine...Factory) and said.."See, I was kinda keeping up with you. I didnt do half bad."

We talked about it at her house later that night, and she was impressed. When it comes to racing, I'm cocky.

She made a comment about my driving ability, I just nodded my head, smiled, and said "Its okay, I know." Actually, I think being beaten had the opposite effect..Dont know though.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 04:07 AM   #6
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Damn your the man! What an awesome race.

You gotta get your car to the track and see what it runs.

Nothin like a good run on the street.

Skyler

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 03:24 AM   #7
The Sandman
Registered Member

He's bullshittin you guys, the outcome was really different.

Just kiddin, I can confirm Merc's kill.
I viewed the win and definitely heard as his exhaust overpowered all other sounds that I was receiving at that time.

'Grats Merc, another mark on the chalkboard. It's about time to flip it over for a fresh side. I still wanna give you a go in her car, I think it would be dead even....IMO you'd creep ahead about a car on bottom end, but once third kicks in on the LS1 it should pull back even with ya..

« Red Firebird »
[ A4 ][ W68 ]

[ Interior Painted Red/Black ][ Wings West Spoiler (Black) ][ Firebat Decals ]
[ (^ How-to For ^) ][ Zaino'ed x 17 ]
[ Mobil 1 ][ Flowmaster 80 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LS1.com Moderator
FirebirdV6.com Moderator
North Bay Mustang Moderator
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote