MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2002, 01:37 AM   #1
silverv6
Registered Member

Default me v.s. 1993 acura gs

Last nite I went to my friends house and he was out side with his friends all of them have little Imports And he was like hey man Ill race you with my Acura Gs And I was like OK then he was like na man I need to fix it up first cuz I got something wrong with it and I told him thats tipical Rice talk... Then HE was like ok ILL race your car, cuz all of his friends were like HOOo .. Then we said ok lets go right now so we all went to a street were its HEmpty and we stoped at a ligth and waited to turn red since it was 11:30pm there was no cars around and he was reving his Rice Car up and I was next to him laughin By the way his car is a 5 speed and mine is automatic.. So the green comes up and we take off , and he was in the front since the start and my front bumper was half way next to his car and we were like that for up till 55 he was half a car length infront of me until we hit 70 thats wen I passed him and I left him about 4 car lenths in back of me. It semmed like his car losed power at a high speed. so I just picked my car up to 110 and he was flashing his lights at me so we pulled over and his friends came up and they were laughing at him like I was. The only thing he had was a Cold Air Intake and some Headders.
He also had some Green under car neon lights I think that added 40hp <<LOL So do all you think I actually beat him ok or he dint know how to shift?? Please comment on my race
My ride is Stock still I think that cuz I dont have that many mods

2"drop
18"spoked rims with lowprofile tires
true dual exaust two 2chamber flowmasters
GT fog lights
Euro tail lights
silverv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 02:31 AM   #2
Friedchicken
Registered Member

Paragraphs & spellcheck are your friend

Street racing is extremely dangerous, specially if you can't handle your auto V6. Up to speeds of 110mph on a stock v6 stang? Scarey stuff you put that much confidence in the car and the night time pedestrians/bikes/cars out there
Old 03-13-2002, 03:06 AM   #3
silverv6
Registered Member

Sorry about the spelling or how I wrote my story its that I just wrote it real fast and I never go over them to see if I wrote them right....

And man dont be that scared about racing HO yea by the way over here were I live theres no people at 11:30pm on Monday nights or during week days people dont stay up that late.

2"drop
18"spoked rims with lowprofile tires
true dual exaust two 2chamber flowmasters
GT fog lights
Euro tail lights
Old 03-13-2002, 03:08 AM   #4
silverv6
Registered Member

HEY GUYS

I gave my self 3 STARS

LOL

LaTeRs
Old 03-13-2002, 04:16 AM   #5
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by silverv6
HEY GUYS

I gave my self 3 STARS

LOL

LaTeRs
HAHA, I dont know why, but that really cracked me up. Good stuff.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 08:04 AM   #6
UK_Stang
Registered Member

Good kill, but I have no idea what an Acura GS is, is that like a Honda Civic or something??

I still think you should trade the V6 in for a V8 though...

Skip
UK_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 10:20 AM   #7
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Your car would launch faster if you got rid of those european tail lights .... j/k

I've driven a couple 99+ auto GT's. But I can't really help on driving tips, too bad you didn't have a 5 speed, I bet those little V6's go alright with the 5 speed.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 06:11 PM   #8
silverv6
Registered Member

So was my car faster than his??
OR did he problably dint know how to shift?
Old 03-18-2002, 08:58 PM   #9
Rosco
Registered Member

I really don't think you should have any problems with this shadey character. GS's are, I think the bottom line of acuras...Alls i know is that the GSR's are alot quicker then those. The GS though, is deffintly slower then A V6 stang. It might even be him not shifting right, I'm not sure what the powerband even looks like with those Acura's. So his car is slow, and he might not be able to shift. But furthers attempts at racing, shouldn't be a problem. I don't think the acura's have a good top end, they're more low and mid range. I know though, that the GSR's are rated at like...0-60 in...6.4..So watch out for those.
5.0 Conversion, Full Saleen ground effects and spoiler, '94 saleen decal set, '93 Saleen Seats, Black interior from a '93, Steeda quadrant, smog pump delete, a/c delete, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, '97 rear differential, aluminum driveshaft, 5 lug conversion, '97 rear disc brakes, southside upper and lower control arms, '99 GT Anniversary wheels, flowtech longtubes, flowtech offroad H-pipe, saleen lowering springs, kyb shocks, caster/camber plates
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 01:56 PM   #10
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

hey silver man, ya sound like a young kid, and i 'm not that much older than ya, but i've been around and Friedchicken is right, when you think theres no one around, you need to be on the full alert, because your mind wants to be lulled into a false sense of security, and when that happens, your not 100% concentrating an, when ya not 100% concentrating is when **** happens. there are too many things you need to learn before successfully street racin or any kind of racing: psychology, vehicle mechanics, physics, etc. and all of this comes through practice, and research... doin ya homework before walkin into any fight. its what separates you from those Dumasses in highschool in their brand new sports cars who smashed em up the day after the got em...driver ability, knowing yourself and the vehicle's limits. i've personally known a few friends of that've wrecked their rides, lives, or other peoples lives, through immaturity and street racing. jus las month a girl in my hometown, was killed goin home after cheerleading practice by this dumass in a pickup an this other dumass that were racing during rush hour traffic. long story short, the pickup lost control, plowed the median, and slammmed into her car goin in the opposite direction at 80 mph...scary ****. i've raced before and i never really got a thrill out of it. i might be too paranoid about my car, but maybe thats because i worked long and hard to get her, maintain her, and personally, don't want to see anything happen to her. But after seein that nightmare, i vowed I would never put innocent people in harms way ever again. racing is a sport in my opinion and by that rationale should be governed by a set of rules be that NMRA, NHRA sanctioned or everyday common sense.
Its more fun, challenging, and its definetely much safer for everybody.

btw, I think the acura was just a piece and he didn't know how to drive, '00 lx's come stock with bout 190 horses.
check out some pulleys, cold air kit, and beef the suspension.

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 09:50 PM   #11
tinner
Registered Member

Silver good kill, racing is not save but nether is going to school . Want my .02 cents do both and keep them as safe as possible.

Keith Craft 408w
11:1cr AFR205's , Vic Jr. , 750 Speed Demon , MSD Digital 6+ , Aeromotive fuel system , Hooker Super Comp ,Headers , Art Carr roller C-4 w/ 10" converter and trans brake
tinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 12:25 AM   #12
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Good kill, as long as it was an abandoned street and there wasn't anything to really hit that would make you liable for someone else life it's not as big a deal. Obviously you can kill yourself, but your life is at your discretion.

You sure made that guy eat his words though i bet

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote