MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-10-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Default Me Vs Heavy Modded EVO vs C5 with 175 shot

Well, Last night I finally got to race two people out of Columbus that we had been having "disagreements" on who was the faster So we got to meet up at the last cruise in for the year and we all got along, so that was really cool. Cars in question were a 01 Vette with very few bolt on and somewhere around a 150-175 shot. The other car was a very heavy modded Evo8. Very sweet cars. Well, dont know if anyone remebers, my car does not shift for shit. Still has the stock T-5 with a 6 year old Centerforce clutch in it. I have know all year that this setup has been going downhill, because I cant get it to shift under load. Hell last time at the track, it went a 13.44@113 . But it was allowing me to make 3-4 pulls for the highway. So we go out to make the runs, and first up was the vette. I need to go from a little bit more of a roll (started at about 2500 RPM in third) So, he gets the jump and when the boost come up (3500 and after both our cars stop spinning the tires), He stops pulling, he has about a fender. Well, can you guess what happened? Went to pull in forth and it does the same shit is does in the other gears. So about the time I find 4th, it is about over. I think if it would not have done that, it might have been a little different. So the second run, I run the EVO. Same start speed, and he puts about a car instantly. Same story, go to shift, and does not go. Now, in this case, I dont think I would have caught him, but I dont think he would have put more than 2 car lenghts on me.

So, the delima is, if I would have had a auto in it, I would have had no trouble, just push the go pedal and be done with it. But I really just love shifting. I guess the question is, what should I do? Are TKO's the answer? Is a SPEC stage 3 the answer? I know that was prolly the last time I take it out with snow on the way. I know people on this website have done very well with 5-speeds, I just can not figure out why this thing will not shift. Guess I am raging a little

An Automatic would solve all my problems, but I just cant bring myself to do it

http://flathat.woodstream.net/Columb...ar_vs_cbus.wmv

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:54 AM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Default Re: Me Vs Heavy Modded EVO vs C5 with 175 shot

I would go with a new TKO500 or TKO600. They are strong, shift really nicely, and are pretty light. Either that or a G Force beefed up T5.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:32 PM   #3
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Default Re: Me Vs Heavy Modded EVO vs C5 with 175 shot

Here's a link to the G Force T5:
http://www.g-forcetransmissions.com/tran_gt-5.asp
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote