MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-14-2002, 10:13 AM   #1
bobtodd
Registered Member

Default Me vs. my bros Yamaha 750

We both went out to our parents house yesterday to visit. After awhile we decided to go over to "old highway 18" and do some messing around. The road is out in the country and has a nice straight away for about a half mile. Usually by the end of the summer it is covered in burnout tracks. Anyhow, I thought I would go ahead and give him a run for the fun of it. I'm not sure how quick a 750 is in the quarter...he's got an older bike. I believe its an 86 or 87. I've only had this car for two weeks, and the guy I bought it from said he got a 12.5 out of it. I have yet to find out what I can get with it myself. Anyhow, we start from a roll. I'm at about 3,500 rpm's in second and he lets me make the first move. I punch and it and out of my side view he is walking me badly and he pulls ahead of me about three car lengths and I let off. I must admit I kept up a little better than I thought I would. Those things are definately fast!! Would I have any advantage racing him from a dead stop??...or is it just pointless to even try running a 750? He said that he was right in his power band when we punched it. I dont ever expect to beat him, just curious.
91 LX - 10.5:1 pistons, ported 289 heads, Ultradyne 588 cam, Cobra upper/lower, MSD, JBA long tube headers, Flowmaster, Richmond 4:10, roll cage, monster tach...FUN!!

95 SHO - K&N filter
bobtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 10:24 AM   #2
bobtodd
Registered Member

Umm...after watching that video of that bike under "sport bike goes down" I think I'll just stick to racing other cars until I can get my car running times like exgm's. It was still fun racing him for sh#ts and giggles.
91 LX - 10.5:1 pistons, ported 289 heads, Ultradyne 588 cam, Cobra upper/lower, MSD, JBA long tube headers, Flowmaster, Richmond 4:10, roll cage, monster tach...FUN!!

95 SHO - K&N filter
bobtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 01:17 PM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I wouldn't really believe what people tell you about the performance of the car when you buy it. Running a 750 is probably a losing battle, even an older one like that. It depends on the model, etc. Like if you were to run an 883 Harley, you'd destroy it, hahaha.

If your bro knows how to launch, he'll smoke you out of the hole.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 06:09 PM   #4
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Post bikes... leave em alone

that is my general rule. i can run high 9's on spray. and there is no way i get near enough mph to hang with a bike. the bikes that come to my track, that aren't trailered, average around 10 seconds at the worst. the best i have seen was a 9.37 at 153 by a 01 hybusa. so i leave them alone. but if it's your bro... keeping adding mods and getting better at driving, and make it close.
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 01:49 AM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by bobtodd
Umm...after watching that video of that bike under "sport bike goes down" I think I'll just stick to racing other cars until I can get my car running times like exgm's. It was still fun racing him for sh#ts and giggles.
That's my bike, it's only a 600 and that was before I had anything done to it. I've raced cars that kept up with me and beat me before! Like you said though, it's all for fun, and comparing motorcycles to cars is two different things, IMO.
I've had my *** kicked by people on 900's and 1200's on one wheel before! Here I am trying my hardest to race them, and they whiz by doing a wheelie smiling at me!! I want one of those!
I believe my next bike will be either a new ZX-9R or an R-1. Not sure yet, I know the R-1 is faster but I have green in my blood from the Ninja! We'll seeeeeee!
BTW, there's more vids on my site here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: