MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2002, 10:13 AM   #1
bobtodd
Registered Member

Default Me vs. my bros Yamaha 750

We both went out to our parents house yesterday to visit. After awhile we decided to go over to "old highway 18" and do some messing around. The road is out in the country and has a nice straight away for about a half mile. Usually by the end of the summer it is covered in burnout tracks. Anyhow, I thought I would go ahead and give him a run for the fun of it. I'm not sure how quick a 750 is in the quarter...he's got an older bike. I believe its an 86 or 87. I've only had this car for two weeks, and the guy I bought it from said he got a 12.5 out of it. I have yet to find out what I can get with it myself. Anyhow, we start from a roll. I'm at about 3,500 rpm's in second and he lets me make the first move. I punch and it and out of my side view he is walking me badly and he pulls ahead of me about three car lengths and I let off. I must admit I kept up a little better than I thought I would. Those things are definately fast!! Would I have any advantage racing him from a dead stop??...or is it just pointless to even try running a 750? He said that he was right in his power band when we punched it. I dont ever expect to beat him, just curious.
91 LX - 10.5:1 pistons, ported 289 heads, Ultradyne 588 cam, Cobra upper/lower, MSD, JBA long tube headers, Flowmaster, Richmond 4:10, roll cage, monster tach...FUN!!

95 SHO - K&N filter
bobtodd is offline   Reply With Quote