View Single Post
Old 05-25-2002, 03:22 AM   #11
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thanks for the positive remarks guys. I know its nowhere near as good as Lizard Kings times, but I was impressed by the trap speed.

Its way WAY diffrent than the street. I can feather the clutch and launch pretty hard/good on the street and take out most people there. On the track though, it was real.....Touchy. Either spin or bog (In my case..Stall)

When I stalled that one run, I felt the car HOOK REAL DAMN GOOD, I thought I was about to do a massive burnout so I let off the gas and when I went to get back on it it stalled. The Car just kind of erupted (Well figuratively speaking of course) out of the hole, but my dumb azz let off instead of stayed in. Stall...

I hope to crack into the 13.8's or better next Thursday. Just gotta get used to launching on the track.

I also gotta break the habit of waiting for the light to turn green on the tree before going. I'm going to work on half way through the last amber.

All I need is some mini-vans pulling out infront of me, and some blue lights chasing me and I'd feel at home.

There was one guy there turning in 17's and 18's in a 2001 GT. Clint was turning in 14.6's pretty consecutively, he doesnt ring his car out though or drive it hard. I was going to ask him if I could take it for a spin down the track.

I had alot of fun. I'm hooked. I'm going to be calling in sick every Thursday night now.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote