MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2002, 03:38 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Arrow Merc Finally ran at the track.

Yep, its true. I finally ran at the track today (Thursday night). My freinds had it planned from the start. I'm feeling kinda crappy, I got the Flu or something equally as bad and I was just going to watch my freinds run since I felt like Pure Crap.

Well, Clint (2001 Bullit) and Tim C had already signed me up and had a number for me when I got there.

I ran 5 times. First time, I sucked as expected. I was nervous and screwed up big time.

1st Run. 14.6 at 100.69 MPH. I spun at the launch bad, hit the rev limiter in every gear.

2nd run. Better. 14.00 at 102 MPH. That was spinning in first at the launch, and hitting the rev limiter at the end of first, and second.

3rd run.Against TIM C. I stalled at the launch (The trak hooks funky compared to the street...duh) The announcer Said. "Oh OH....Some one made a Boo Boo." SO in Merc style, I rolled down the Window Yelled Yee Haw and gave myself a thumbs up. When I got restaged, I ran 14 flat at 102 again. Hitting the Rev Limiter at the end of 2nd.

4th run Against Clint (2001 Bullit) I spun horrible through first, and most through second. Spun when I hit third, after I missed it. and ran a craptacular 14.9 at 97 MPH. Wow..

I have a 5th time sheet, I remember running, but I dont remember turning in a 13.8 at 101.

Either way, thats not to bad I guess for my first time at the track. The track is WAY DIFFRENT than the street. With bieng sick and having 32 lbs PSI in the tires.

To give a comparison, Majority of LS-1's were turning in 13.5's. Those being Stock 6spd Birds.

It was fun, and I'll definetly be there next Thursday for a Rematch with Tim C and Clint.

I was surprised to turn in 102 MPH trap speeds. two miles per hour more than I thought it would be. Gotta practice on launching at the track. Oh...We have Video of it also. Digital Video.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote