Thread: Mercedes C240
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2002, 06:13 PM   #1
UK_Stang
Registered Member

Cool Mercedes C240

I took my Gramps out for a ride in my Mustang the other day, I have had it a year now and he wanted to see what all the fuss was about... We left my house and went out onto the main road that leads to the next town as it has a big straight... As we approached the straight I came up behind the Mercedes following a Vauxhall Astra (poopy eurobox) I thought to myself, "I'll just nip past them", as I pulled out the Mercedes suddenly swung out in front of me, no problem I thought, I will take him when he has passed the Astra, I was in 4th and gave it about 1/2 throttle, I noticed he was still pulling away from me, so I thought sod it (bear in mind my Gramps is in the car!) and buried the pedal in the carpet, obviously I overtook him but it took the poor old girl up to an indicated 125mph to do it!! Not really a kill I suppose, but the fact I had to nail it with my 81 year old Gramps in the car made it more fun! We got back to my house after and he said, "Its quite fast isnt it? I think we went about 90mph" I just let him think that....
UK_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote