MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-29-2002, 12:18 AM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Default Messed with a Porsche

As I'm cruising up to a redlight today, I see that up ahead in the slow lane there are 3 cars stopped, and only 1 stopped in the fast lane. The silver Porsche (dont know what kind, looked like early 90's but had no badges) up ahead swings from behind the slow lane cars and gets over behind the fast lane car. I pull in behind him. When the light changes, the lead cars accelerate slow and the porsche eventually goes into the right lane to pass. I follow him, and notice we are building up some good speed, so I gun it and catch up to him easily. I don't think he was trying then. Well we catch the next light, and again, we are behind some cars but I am in front of him this time. Light changes, cars go slow, eventually the porsche guy swings around from behind me and passes. I follow and he lets me get next to him, sort of, by swinging into the other lane. He was probably about 3 cars ahead of me when we both hit it and by 110 I caught him and started braking. We were coming into some twisties, and I think he thought he could take me there, but I was able to hang right with him, and he got stuck behind a truck. I passed him, and then moved over so that he could pull up next to me so that I could say "what's up." He wouldnt pull even with me though, and when I had to turn off I waved to him but he just looked at me and didn't wave back or anything. Do all porsche guys think their cars are unbeatable or what? Dont they know that American Muscle is not to be taken lightly?

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 11:59 AM   #2
67GTACoupe
Registered Member

I think that most people think that if they spend 60-70G's on a car think it will kill anything else on the road, and don't want to think that some little mustang modded that cost at least 20 Grand less than there car can hang with them

Steven

Drive Fast, Race Hard, Beat Ricers.

Live your life a 1/4 mile at a time
67GTACoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 12:24 PM   #3
czstang1701
Registered Member

Yah.. alot of them in my town are a bunch of rich farmers that think they own the town and everyone should kiss the ground they lay rubber on. Some are true, like the Vipers for instance.. oooo...

but yah.. they all think they cannot be beatin, no matter what..because if they pay more for their cars, they should win, right?..

Brand new! w00 h00! :-D
czstang1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 12:30 PM   #4
Jon945-speed
Registered Member

German car owners tend to think they're unbeatable. It's not just porche's. A friend of mine's dad just bought a new Audi A6 TT it's a 2.6l biturbo with AWD. 250 hp and weights 4,000lbs. It has the performance automatic which is very nice. He swears up and down that he can beat me...my car is a fully built 306 with CNC ported/polished Twisted Wedge heads, Holley Systemax II intake, 70mm t-body, 75mm MAF, 30# injectors, 255lb/hr fuel pump, FPR, TFS Stage I cam for my turbo at the end of summer, forged DSS pistons near stock compression, 3.55 gears PMS for managing the thing. It's being installed as I type so I havn't tested it yet, but I'm very confidant in it. DR's out back too. Anyway, yes...they are all like this.
Old 03-29-2002, 01:45 PM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I messed with a Porshe once, Tim C was with me. We had just finished up the Resistor in the Air Temp trick and were taking it for a test spin.

It was a Kodak Moment, the preppy guy(Young 20's) with his Sweater around his neck with his sun glasses and the Convertable top down with his Prissy Trophy Blond Girlfreind going for a cruise through the country side. That country side and those back roads he was on are me and Tim C's testing grounds.

He tried to show me up infront of his girl. All he got was an earfull of a Full Throttle, 40 Sereis Flow Masters as I blew by him in Third gear at 75-80 MPH. The guy then rode my butt for a while after I maintanined a steady 70 MPH. When I slowed he tried passing me! Nope. No such luck dude.

I waited for him to pull right even with me then I dropped it into Third and nailed it. His girl and him were startled when all of a sudden the exhaust exploded to life and I got up and left him.

HA Take that to the Tennis Court and the Country Club Biff! He was probably thinking...Such Animals, those darn Red Necks.

All I gotta say is Damn Right. American Made, Loud American Hairy Chested Mans Muscle Car.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 04:02 PM   #6
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury

All I gotta say is Damn Right. American Made, Loud American Hairy Chested Mans Muscle Car.

That's what I'm talking about!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 05:50 PM   #7
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

That's what I'm talking about!
Hell yeah!!!

(96Cobra/softtop- Black&Tan, 3.73,almdrvsht,fancontrl,steeda sbfrmes,r-LCA's&shifter,eibachspgs,KYB's,FR-upper arms,Y2K Cobra R's,pulleys,Bassani X pipe(cats gutted),C&L 80mm,Stage 2 Clutch, polished intake and cam covers etc.. last dyno w/cats on-287rwhp.

93 Ford Probe Gt 4.39 stock gears and K&N (slower but turns)

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R
96SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 05:59 PM   #8
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Dangit snake i wanted to say that! Well i am going to anyways

Hell Yes!!!!!!!!!!
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 06:07 PM   #9
Sonics2042
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
....with his Prissy Trophy Blond Girlfreind going for a cruise through the country side.
Is that a bad thing ? (Prissy is assumed ) I wouldn't mind having a hot blonde in my car

Thanks,
DoranW
[MAC Cold Air Intake]-[BBK Equal Shorties]
[3.55 Gears]-[Cobra Intake Manifold (Upper and Lower]
[E-303 Cam]-[Granetelli Mass Air Flow Sensor]
[Front and rear sway bars]-[New black carpet and seats.]
[Adjustable Fuel Regulator]-[T5 Conversion w/ K. Cobra Clutch/Hurst STS]
[Cobra Throttle Body]-[130A Alt. Conversion]

Thinking about:
Aftermarket Heads!
Vortech A-Trim
Sonics2042 is offline   Reply With Quote