View Single Post
Old 08-16-2001, 10:53 PM   #1
exgmguy
Registered Member

Talking Woodward Ave. Viper GTS ACR

The Woodward cruise is this Saturday. The cruising is pretty heavy througout the week prior. I went out for there tonight with the wife and took no time at all finding a Viper. His plate read GTS ACR, and it had at least exhaust on it. Truthfully it sounded worse than a stock one. Like a big Honda. Any way he dropped a gear so we started to slow down. I am in 1st gear just creeping about 10 mph. We both hit the gas and I smoke the sh!t out of my tires through 2nd. He pulls 2 cars before I hook and stay a couple lengths behind him.

We line up for round 2 in the meat of my second gear and take off evenly. I run through 2nd gear dead nuts, and shift into 3rd, where we stayed even all the way to the top of 3rd.

At the next light I said "That thing is not stock!" in a complimentary way, and he kinda gets defensive and responds with "We'll your car sure isin't stock either!"

I just kinda grin and laugh it off. Then I noticed the police presence around. Just sitting at the light I must have seen 4 cop cars around. I cannot believe we did not get pinched. at 11 pm there were more cops out there than cruisers.

Crazy. I guess I got lucky on that one.

------------------
1988 Mustang GT
11.8 @ 123 (7/14/01)
1992 BadAzz Wrangler
1993 Explorer
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote