MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-26-2001, 02:59 PM   #1
justjoe
Registered Member

Post mustang vs. camaro

Hey guys,

I've had plenty of races and scuffles with hot shot camaro owners including one where i almost got into it with a big mouth z28 owner after i whooped him on the hiway. i wanna hear stories from u guys. i'm sure all u mustang owners have a story or two about how u whooped up on a camaro.so post 'em.anay and all participation will be greatly appreciated.
justjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 03:35 PM   #2
jerryIII

Wink

No camaro's yet, always those smart *ss, errogant corvette owners... what is it with corvette people???

------------------
Black,84 GT,ground effects,shorty headers, 'open' dual exh.,302 HO(no pollution control crap),T5,89 ported heads,edelbrock Performer manifold, Edelbrock 2122 cam,600 Holley, high volume oil pump...

4:10's on their way!!!!
Old 06-26-2001, 04:44 PM   #3
bada$$lx

Cool

I toasted a '00 SS about 3 months ago(good run)......too long to re-write (check prior posts). It's always more fun racing a Camaro, TA, Vette etc rather than ricers all the time (they're usually cooler guys).

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; JMS Chip; 190 lb fp; TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113)
Old 06-26-2001, 06:22 PM   #4
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

You know something it's not the vette people that have the problem. And they are not all errogant, what a stereo type jerry. That's like saying all those punk azz kid's in mustangs. Hell if you were driving a vette, I'd be errogant too I suppose.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 08:52 PM   #5
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

I have all my camaro kills on the track, all tpi's, or lt1's, and have 2 vette kills on the street, and my car is almost as stock as they come

------------------
90 lx coupe: 175k miles, steeda water pump pully, hurst shifter, Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil, ADS chip, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 10:01 PM   #6
jerryIII

hey 89, no offence, maybe in Oklahoma, the vette owners are'nt errogant, but every vette owner i've talked with lately is a smart mouthed punk, and the only thing they can say is how there vette will kick a mustangs *** ....

so until i meet a cool vette owner my response stands...

one of my best pals owns a vette and he sez the same thing... and I guess it does'nt bother you that mustang's are looked on as 'kids' cars??? hmmm funny how they stereotype....

------------------
Black,84 GT,ground effects,shorty headers, 'open' dual exh.,302 HO(no pollution control crap),T5,89 ported heads,edelbrock Performer manifold, Edelbrock 2122 cam,600 Holley, high volume oil pump...

Old 06-26-2001, 10:05 PM   #7
jerryIII

p.s. why would I be errogant if i owned a vette??? they are turds........
Old 06-26-2001, 11:06 PM   #8
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Yeah they are real turds, 345hp all stock running low 13's all stock, 12's are pretty easy for them, just different stall conv., shocks, and gears maybe, and they like run 12.5's. Oh those Z06's are turds too! =P
Old 06-27-2001, 01:14 AM   #9
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Have you taking your car to the track yet?
Old 06-27-2001, 08:07 AM   #10
jerryIII

Wink

closest track is about 100 miles away and their race schedule is wierd..

like I said when I meet a corvette person that isn't an errogant tw*t, I may change my opinion...

ps. it's 345 optional hp....

------------------

Old 06-27-2001, 12:40 PM   #11
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

For how much they cost, I would agree that vettes are turds. **** , you could buy an S351 Saleen for $50K when they sold them.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 05:50 PM   #12
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

P.S. 345 is stock not optional! It says optional on www.netvettes.com and maybe other places, but it is stock. All the new ones have 345hp, except the Z06.
Old 06-27-2001, 05:52 PM   #13
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

You can get a new Z06 with 405hp and I dunno how much torque, for $49,000. And with the Z06 last years model having 385hp and 385ft. lbs. and running around 12.5's, I would imagine the newer Z06 would be very impressive.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:27 PM   #14
BennyBoy

Cool

I suppose you can say a Vette is a turd for how much they cost. They are a lot of money just to go real low 13s. But you gotta realize that these cars can run on a road race track pretty quick also. And not many cars can do that all stock, or modified. And yes, of course there are exceptions. The new Cobra R's and even old modded 5.0s. But the Vette is a fully produced model, not something that they made 300 or so of, like the Cobra R. The design of the Cobra R is completely based on the base model Mustang. The C5 Vette was made out of nothing, besides a vision and some clay. And the old 5.0 Mustangs were not meant for road race tracks at all. If you took one out there stock you'd get your behind whooped on by a lot of people.

In the small town I'm from, around 6000 people, there are 2 C5 Vettes. A 2000, and a 2001. The guy with the 2000 is a rich guy, about 35 or so. He's a real jackazz. But the guy with the 2001 is a very nice, friendly guy. And he is a car enthusiast, not some rich punk that thinks he's the shiznit.

jerryIII...So I don't think it's really right to stereotype C5 owners, even though you've never met a cool one. But now you know there's at least 1 cool one, so they aren't all jerks. And what's your car run? I'd say mid to high 13s? Is that about right? Going off your signature it would appear to me that way. So now you gotta admit that if you met a driver with the same amount as skill as you, you'd get to see some tail lights. You gotta respect the new Vettes, even if they are turds for how much they cost.

My $.02. Not trying to start a flame or piss you off.

------------------
'69 Coupe with 351W
=========================
Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock RPM cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Edelbrock lifters, Edelbrock double roller timing chain, Edelbrock valve springs, Accel coil, Moroso Blue-Max wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, Flex fan, Lakewood traction bars, C4, 3:1 gears, 290hp-stock heads
=========================
The Surgeon General didn't say anything about smoking your azz!!

[This message has been edited by BennyBoy (edited 06-27-2001).]
Old 06-27-2001, 11:29 PM   #15
jerryIII

Ok, I see i have to clarify my previous statement.... I didn't say anything about the c5 or the z06's, i said corvette owners (in general)....

I guess there are three types of vette owners; the smart *** punks with a little penis, the old guys tryin to get the young chicks and the cool vette guys (which I have yet to meet)..

yes, I am sure alot of them could kick my *** , but the vette guys i've seen (including my brother in law, a friend of my wife and one of my friends) buy them to try and look 'cool'....

I have ran against all three of these guys and a couple other vette guys,,, I am saying, from experience, they are errogant... they think they are cool cuz they own a 'vette' and their cars are the definition of 'turds'....

and ps. every vette site i looked up sez '345hp optional'... so that means hp, torque to weight ratio, does'nt make them any better than a stang, just more expensive....

pps, haven't ran my car yet, as previously stated the nearest track is over 100 miles and their schedule is wierd.....

------------------

gears (4:10's) on their way!!!!
Old 06-27-2001, 11:47 PM   #16
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

lol, jerry i like the way you explained those 3 vette owners, you forgot to mention the zr1, one guy i met he was cool actually, but he was talking real big about his low 11 sec zr1 but he didnt want to show what it could do, and he shut up when he heard the whine of a 10 sec blown stang drive bye with a killer lopey idle, but the guy i raced on the street passed me up when we i was going like 50mph, he shot bye like 80, then we caught a light, his arrogant azz was so into laughing with his friend about passing me, i left him in smoke at the light trying to catch up!! lol it was beatiful guys, i remember posting here, i was trying to eat tacobell but i couldnt i was so excited

------------------
90 lx coupe: 175k miles, steeda water pump pully, hurst shifter, Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil, ADS chip, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 12:06 AM   #17
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb

BennyBoy:

You make some good points about the C5.
In my opinion, it's the epitome of what a Corvette should be and well worth the price for those fortunate enough to have the beans to afford this fine machine. High 12's!

That said; I don't compare Mustangs and Corvettes or Mustangs and Ferraris or Mustangs and Porsches or Mustangs and Vipers.
The above cars are all speciality vehicles, somewhat impractical for daily driving and designed to be all-around high-performance cars that excel in every area of performance.
They are all very expensive, too.

The Mustang is a mass-produced car, shares parts with other Ford vehicles and comes with a V-6 as well as a V-8. The 'Stang is intended to be driven every day, not just in good weather on dry roads. It's affordable and basically trouble-free if maintained and not overly abused....even then, it holds up well, but it's still a mass-produced vehicle.

There is always something faster out there, especially if you are willing to pay the price of a new home for a vehicle that goes fast right off the showroom floor. Thats cool, but just because the 'Stang (and Camaro/Firebird) run quick and are performance cars, doesn't mean that they should be directly compared to a C5 or other semi-exotic sport car that costs almost twice as much (or more). I don't.

As for arrogance problems with Corvette owners; yeah it exists and it's annoying as hell but - to a point - I can understand it.
Corvettes are special - never that many around at one time - and they are fast cars, although some older guys just buy them for the image. I have to respect the C5.

Now, some jerk in a 1980 'Vette with an automatic will be arrogant until I dust him in my aging (1990) near-stock LX.
That's the problem; some guys buy a 'Vette - ANY 'Vette - and think they grow a bigger, er, whatever. Instead, they simply annoy the real performance-lovers out there that can respect the car but not the snotty jerk who believes the car confers some kind of special status to the owner. It doesn't, at least not with me. I've known a few dorks who had very fast cars that they simply bought from a real 'car guy'. They usually wrecked them soon after, too. No one cared, either.

Bottom line: There will always be jerks and losers out there, as well as cars that are faster than ours. That's just a reality most of us deal with.
If I beat a guy in a drag race it doesn't make me a better man, just a guy with a faster car. C5 and Camaro owners need to get that straight, as well as Mustang owners.
We would all enjoy racing a bit more if we dropped the attitudes and just raced for fun, but that ain't gonna' happen anytime soon.
So, we just ignore the jerks as much as possible and respect the fast cars, if not the drivers.

Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 01:05 AM   #18
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

90-you run 13.9's right? Let's say your talking **** to guys that run 14.8's, then a 10 sec vette/mustang pulls up, what are YOU going to do?

Jerry-You said vettes are turds, did you not?

And to everyone else(not dissing stangs or anything, I mean I have one and all.) But go take a ride in a newer one, or even better go drive one and tell me what you think. Just because the majority of us aren't lucky enough to own a newer vette,(or choose not to) doesn't mean we all go around saying there turds. That is like me saying ahhh yeah that new viper is a f'ing turd only 500hp and 500ftlbs!
Old 06-30-2001, 03:57 AM   #19
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

C'mon guys, cool it! Everybody is entitled to their opinion, whether you agree with it or not. I personally agree that there are a lot of vette owners who are arrogant pricks, more than any other type of cars, I love corvettes (especially ZR-1's) but that is still my opinion.

It's too bad this thread got ruined because it could've been a lot of fun re-livivng war stories against the arch rival of the mustang, the CAMARO not the corvette.

------------------
GT-40 heads (ported, polished, + milled), B303 cam, 1.7rr's, JE pistons, Offy intake, Carter AFB 625cfm carb, Flowtech 1 5/8" shortys, Flowtech X-pipe, MAC Flowpath exhaust, MAC pulleys, 373's, subframes, Eibachs+Tokicos, B&M ripper, FMS Clutch, Zoom Quadrant+cable, 17" CSA Ultra rims, 235/45ZR17 Yokohama AVS S4's, MSD 6A ignition+coil, FMS 9mm wires, Carbed, Naturally Aspirated, and Nasty!
red82gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 05:54 PM   #20
LS1JAY
Registered Member

Wink

I'm staying out of this one!

------------------
98'Trans Am LS1 A4 273 gears Whisper lid,K&N,Flowmaster,Best ET on street tires 13.17 @ 106.49mph
NEW MODS:3" Flowtech cutout,Magnecor wires,NGK TR55's
LS1JAY is offline   Reply With Quote