MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-15-2001, 10:59 AM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Post Mustang vs. Civic: 1-0-1

Well I was on my way to a freinds house when this guy in a red totally riced out civic pulls up and wants to go. He had all the usual, except he had the driver side pillar gauges and, after I saw him flick a switch, I heard a "psssst" sound when he stepped on it. Since I had the wife and some groceries in the back (it was pop and water day, the heaviest stuff I could buy, of course ).

I though "why not". So we went from a stop: no contest, I pulled on him early, but the little bugger kept even after than. We went again from a roll and we were even for the most part, but I was gaining about 1" per second.

What pisses me off is that we ran to about 80 mph but I had to make a turn to get to by buddies house so I hit the brakes (rather hard as I didn't want to miss the turn) and when I was pulling in, the guy flashed his lights to say he won. I was like what?! Why did he win? I took him from a stop and was pulling ever so slightly from a roll. I had to stop the race to go to my friends house. The funny this is that this guys car smelled like it was burning up. I don't know if that is the Nitrous or his engine dying, but I'd be embarassed to have that smell come from my car, especially if your not very fast . Hmmm I called that a tie, 0-0-1.

I raced some other riced out yellow civic on the way home. This guy had like 6 antena's, all angled back to make his car look fast. He sucked though, I took him from stop, roll, and even destroyed his ricer flyby attempt (I heard the bees coming and stepped on it )

That was my Friday night, 1-0-1

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 02:50 PM   #2
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Talking

The first guy probably thought you were running off when you turned. Did you make sure to flash your lights after you beat his a** from a stop?

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires.
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 03:07 PM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by topless tire fryer:
The first guy probably thought you were running off when you turned. Did you make sure to flash your lights after you beat his a** from a stop?

I only flash the brake lights a couple times at him. Oh well, his attitude is what makes this guy a ricer, not just an import driver.

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 03:28 PM   #4
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Talking

True. You were the better car and driver.

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires, Chromed '95 Cobra R's (bought for $19.95, now 2 are warped!).
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1883
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 07:40 PM   #5
46stang
Registered Member

you don't think maybe he was flashing his lights just to say good race? maybe? either way you won congrats. i guess he needs to get like a 2 or 3 or 4 stage nos setup like on fast and furious ha ha. i bet his car was a 10sec. ride too.ha ha.

------------------
96 stang,ported 99 heads, 01 bullit intake, 99 cams,Steeda power pullies,Steeda timing adj.,Kirban adj.reg.,Pro-m 87,24#inj.,Twin 57mm t/b,BBK longtube headers,Bassani x-pipe w/cats, Dynomax ultraflow catback,home depot ram air, k@n,
373's,cobra brakes,fms spings, lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's tri-ax shifter.
271.3rwhp
302.3rwtq
best et 13.80

46stang is offline   Reply With Quote