MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-22-2002, 12:56 AM   #1
SyriusCougar95
Registered Member

Thumbs up newbie here!! and a freeway kill story

Hello guys, I 've been visiting this board for some time now, but never registered. I really enjoy the kill stories on any forum, LS1,, Clubgp, etcetera...I respect any fast car and I don't like trolling.. Well, on to the story, I was going home driving on 30 west towards Fort Worth, I was going 65-70mph, up ahead I see a 96-98 green Mustang V6?? for the looks of it it was probably stock I got behind him/her for I couldn't pass it, traffic was all around us. he/she gets a lucky break and increases speed to 85 with me matching it and still 3 cars back a mile or so we get to an open stretch of freeway 3 miles or so, traffic is now way behind the both of us. I start passing the Stang slowly, when I'm in his/her front door the car starts speeding!! 100,110, we were pretty dead even until I decide to push my car to 120, that's when I noticeed the Stang couldn't catch me (governor?) I drove for a couple of seconds at that speed and I saw in the rearview that the Stang was wayy behind. So, I went back to my speed limit and never saw the Stang again.. all in all it was an adrenaline rush, just be careful outthere and use common sense..

95' Cougar..3'73's, aluminum DS, inject-tech chip, k&N, CAI, UD pulleys, removed octane plug (car running on MBT+93 octane) J-modded transmission, B&M tranny cooler, custom Intake tube, removed air silencer, removed cats with one-chamber flowmaster and straight pipes, Strut Tower Brace, 1.5" drop, KYB's struts, 145 MPH speedo, 2 cooling fans, 180 thermo, 245/45/ZR17's; more mods?? soon :-)
SyriusCougar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:31 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

If you have the 4.6L I would probably say you were running a modded V-6 or a stock V-8. The first gen 4.6L GT's are 15sec cars stock. Your modded Cougar should be pretty close to that. The Mustang driver may have just let off. If you're having a hard time running with the 3.8L in the Mustang, you're a 17sec car.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:43 PM   #3
SyriusCougar95
Registered Member

mmm 17 sec?? um, no.. like I said we were both doing around 85mph on the freeway, I raced a Mustang from a stoplight 2k V6 and beat it as well.. my car did 15.6 when stock, so it's not hard to give some Mustangs a good run, and I assure you the driver didn't let off...On a side note, I'm installing a set of 99 PI heads, so that would help the performance a lot.....

95' Cougar..3'73's, aluminum DS, inject-tech chip, k&N, CAI, UD pulleys, removed octane plug (car running on MBT+93 octane) J-modded transmission, B&M tranny cooler, custom Intake tube, removed air silencer, removed cats with one-chamber flowmaster and straight pipes, Strut Tower Brace, 1.5" drop, KYB's struts, 145 MPH speedo, 2 cooling fans, 180 thermo, 245/45/ZR17's; more mods?? soon :-)
SyriusCougar95 is offline   Reply With Quote