MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My 90 GT (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=25149)

stangchick26 06-17-2002 02:04 AM

My 90 GT

Hi, I have a 90 Mustang GT and the only mods Ive done so far are: Flowmasters, dumps, K&N, and 3:55 gears. It is a 5-speed and my reverse is not working so I need another tranny. On the mods though what should I add next? (very limited buget right now) Any sugestions?? Thanks, Chandra :p

lx mike 06-17-2002 05:36 AM

When you get the new tranny get a new clutch and maybe also a new rear main seal on engine if it's leaking or even dripping while your there.

ricekilla 06-17-2002 05:18 PM

welcome to mustangworks chandra. definetly get a set of underdrive pullies. they will give you about 8 horsepower at the tires, then get a manual adjusting clutch cable, a short shifter, some sticky tires, longtube headers, a mac pro chamber, and a 160 degree thermostat. with all that you should be able to run 13's no problem. some upper and lower control arms probably wouldnt hurt either. you got yourself a money-pit now! :) hope this helps and if you got any questions just ask.

LATER, NICK

Mikerulz 06-17-2002 07:00 PM

My best advice would be tires!! Power is useless if you can't get it to stick on the track. ( having traction problems and am bitter)

tireburner163 06-17-2002 11:13 PM

Probably the best bang for the buck for you would be a off-road H-pipe. Also, if money allows I would install a short throw shifter when you get the new tranny.

stangchick26 06-18-2002 12:23 AM

My 90 GT

Hey, thanks for the info and suggestions guys! It sounds like yall have some pretty sweet stangs. I hope to get mine at least in the 10's without the use of Nitrous. I have raced my car once at the local 1/8th mile track, but it just spun the tires down the track every time. I couldnt avoid the bleach box and my tires are kinda bald. Oh, well..... :rolleyes: :)

FivepointOH 06-18-2002 12:29 AM

If all you do is spin the tires sounds like you need some suspension mods and drag radials... horsepower wise i'd go with pulleys and exhaust mods as everyone else has stated... out of curiosity what did ya run in the 1/8?

stangchick26 06-18-2002 12:44 AM

I ran 5 times that night, and my best was 9:41. The others were like 9:8,10:3,and so on. I also missed third and grinded on the last 2 runs after that I quit. I guess I just need more practice, but I race well on the street! lol :D

sedanman 06-18-2002 11:31 AM

First judging on the mods already done, I would suspect that you have done the free mods? ie pull the air silencer and set the timming at 14^ (should us premium). Next I would do pullies (best power for the buck), H-pipe (good power and sound :D ), short throw shifter (less misshifts and more fun with a good shifter), Drag radials (if you hook thats half the race). If the Dr's don't stop your traction problem then add upper and lower control arms (or if you have wheel hop).

Good luck.