MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-11-2001, 06:36 PM   #1
Hungry4GMs
Registered Member

Talking My baby suprises me once more

I was pullin out of the local speed shop last night at about 9:30 on a local drag strip of a road we call north oak i pull otu hella slow i just had put a set of 3.73's in it a week ago and had been babyin it im shiftin at 2 grand and skippin gears ya know Drivin like a ***** as we like to call it, as i was saying im pullin out and this car drives by me roarin i get a good look at it and man! it was a hoss 70 chevelle ss ls6 454and it sounded HEALTHY he bogs downcause of course i got the cobra strikin a chevy bowtie in my back window so he thought hed pick on me, he biggs down i cant even hear my own car i look at him and rev it up about 3 times HE HEARD THIS ONE he gave me a wierd look and we both noticed the light turning yellow me could have made it but wheres the fun in that i ask him how much horse he was pushin he said about 450 i nodded he asked the same question i said youll see that light turned and we launched about nose to nose of course his nose was about a foot in the air and he was screamin in that thing i hit second and barked him this let him get about a quarter of his hood on me but then he had to shift then i got the quarter of a hood and im shiftin quick with my tremec and the short throw i hit third and i was a half a car ahead and screamin i was like yea!!!!! i hit fourth and saw headlights i let off of it not noticing i was doin about 100 in a 35 he pulls intoo the carwash a local racer hangout he had his budiies he walsk over and asked how much NOS i had HA HA i took him to the trunk and showed him the 2 12;s in the banpass in the trunk told him im all throttle no bottle he kinda smurked then i showed him the engine he said good race and left :-) chalk one up for the Ford guys!!!

------------------
Hungry4GMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 09:22 PM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

you beat a guy with 450 odd horses, who put the wheels in the air on launch? and what all do you have?
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 09:58 PM   #3
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Don't worry, the odds of a "real" 70 LS6 Chevelle pulling beside you has to be a 1000 to 1. It was probably a "350" SS. We can always dream!
Nitrous Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 10:03 PM   #4
LfiveohX
Addicted to the 5.0

Exclamation

What kind of mustang do you have? You must have some serious horsepower to pull away from an LS6 454 no matter what he has done to it! I would also like to know what parts you have on your ride!

------------------
LfiveohX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 10:05 PM   #5
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

it could have been an ls5 chevelle the 454 with only 360 hp........either way they have a lot of wheelspin....the LS6 is my dream car and always will be.....red with the black racing stripes

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
RAGE_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 10:57 PM   #6
Fostang
Registered Member

Oh yes I love hearing about chevelle's getting beat. I've ate up two up to now one with a 396 the other with a built 350. The 396 was a joke beat him by a lot and shifting at around 4 grand and he had a jump of about a car length. The other one has been the best race I have ever had but I still hadn't changed my rear end, ported my heads, had a set of 205 70 14 tires, and I had a 500 cfm carb. He has quite a bit of stuff not sure how much stuff but it's a healthy stroked engine from what I heard but not too sure because I heard it was actually a destroked engine from another guy kinda wierd. But anyways we started off and I started slowly pulling at the start where I got about half a car length ahead of him and stayed there all through the race you guys should have seen his face after all the thumbs down he had given me and when I asked him what he had he just said don't worry poor guy probably told his dad to fix it for him because he lost. Yup chevelles are nice to finish. Now I'm going after another guys who has a 350 aluminum headed with rpm edelbrock stuff and a 4 speed. For that one I'm for sure having the bottle on. Then there is another green one who reved at me and what made me more pissed off was that I couldn't do a thing because I had my mother and grandmother in the car. I saw him today but wasn't in my car but both of their days will come.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 01:15 AM   #7
Hungry4GMs
Registered Member

Wink

I have a 302 stock bore supercharged with a brand new lunati cam and rollers gt40 heads flowtech headers Flowmster h pipe 3.73's TREMEK T.K.O. 5 speed with hurst short throw and mickey street strip radials when i was racin the chevelle and im not saying he couldnt have taken me i drove better and i got less wheel spin HE DIDNT PULL THE WHEELS ALL THE WAY UP!! but you better believe that he brought that front end up it was a hoss but i beat it drove better had the faster car for that day thanks all for readin!!

------------------
Old 07-14-2001, 02:17 PM   #8
Hungry4GMs
Registered Member

Put it this way guys if it wasnt an LS6 it was a damn good imposter had ls6 454 tags all over it!! and its kinda hard to getresect around here and if he was bein that much of a poser i dont think hed have a croud of street racers around him I could be wrong

------------------
Old 07-19-2001, 01:28 PM   #9
bada$$lx

Cool

Guys - if I may, please allow me to be the first to call this one....................BS!
I think Mr. Hungry4VanDam was dilusional, all hopped up on crack that night!

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; JMS Chip; 190 lb fp; TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113)
Old 07-19-2001, 01:46 PM   #10
justjoe
Registered Member

I was comin' home one say on a completely straight two lane road.iwas doin' about 65 when a black chevelle pulled up behind me.i don't know wat year or anything(i know nothing about chevys he went by and i heard him get on it so i threw it into 4th and pulled right up on his bumper.we stayed like that till about 130 then i blew by him.i don't know if he gave up or wat but i kept goin' and got up to 150. fastest i've ever gone in that thing.not bad for nearly completely stock

------------------
'95 mustang cobra w/cobra R wheels and a k&n filter. mostly stock now but not for long
justjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 04:23 PM   #11
bada$$lx

Cool

Justjoe....completely stock and you were able to blow by a chevelle and take it up to 150? You sure he knew you two were racing, and your tach wasn't off? My guess is you had a run in with a stock 350 Chevelle.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
Old 07-19-2001, 05:29 PM   #12
Blaster
Registered Member

Wink

I could have swore I pulled up beside that car last night too, only it was that car from Knight Rider;David Hasselhoff was real pissed after I smoked him LOL
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 08:05 PM   #13
bada$$lx

Cool

I'll never forget the best race ever, when Skyman took on that McLaren. They were neck and neck until Skyler's howling monkey kicked in and he tore past the McLaren like it was standing still, until he hit 200 mph and then he had to shut it down ......that was Skyler's race, wasn't it?

------------------
Old 07-19-2001, 09:21 PM   #14
gp001
Registered Member

Wasn't the best race some guy with a Solara and a Formula 1 car (I think Schumacher and his Ferrari). If I remember correctly the Solara won by 10 car lengths or so. Wasn't that on this board??????

------------------
347 (Coast High short block), 279/284, TFS TW heads, Stealth, 750 Holley, Flowtech hdrs, Dr. Gas X, 2 Chmbr Flowmaster, MSD 6AL-Dist.& SS coil, March serpentine pulley system, Art Carr C-4 (Soon to be a Richmond 6 spd, Currie 9" w/3.55, alum Drv Shft, susp mods, Total Control subframes & tower braces, Trans Am Racing power dual master, 4 wheel disc, 17x8 Torqthrust II's
Something up my sleeve
In a 66 coupe
gp001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 09:32 PM   #15
withamc
Registered Member

I thought it was that tricycle that beat the space shuttle...
Hey Hungry4GMs - I notice you're getting flamed pretty regularly on this board. If you want some respect, lose the attitude and the BS and try to be a part of the Mustangworks community. And see those dots at the end of the sentences? They're called periods. Makes it easier to read.
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 10:24 PM   #16
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Yeah, I had reworked my N20 to spray into the *** of the howling monkey. So at 150 I nailed the n20, froze my monkeys butt and he really started howling. haha...

F1's are nothin over 190mph.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 80 shot of N20.
12.54@107.4 Motor
1.69 60'
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 01:45 AM   #17
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Yeah...Thats nothing, I beat the Hubble Space Telescope in a race. It swung down from its orbit one night while I was sitting at a stop light.

I sprayed my H2O and took it by two shuttle lengths by the time I hit 15,000 miles per hour. It was awesome. If it wasnt for my Steeda Front air splitter and my home made wooden glued on Spoiler, I would of got air borne. No lie....Really.....It Happened.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 01:00 PM   #18
Hungry4GMs
Registered Member

Talking

listen here $low *** lx dont be mad at me because A you cant drive your car or b you cant build and engine (12,29????) what a hunk of **** and i talked to the guy and it is a ls6 454 (at least thats what he says)but it is a hoss and i did smoke it and you couldnt so dont be mad at me!!!
Old 07-20-2001, 01:06 PM   #19
Hungry4GMs
Registered Member

and another thinkg im gettin flamed alot because of all these flamers, damn homos talkin $hit couse they got a slow car it aint my fault!!! and periods who needs em do you talk with em, if you dont like my posts dont fukin read em you fairy motherfukers and another thing BS??? WTF ill race any of ya, why is it so hard to believe a supercharged stang with a hoped up tranny and drag radials beat a chevelle???? you guys have a thing or 2 to learn.......
Old 07-20-2001, 01:28 PM   #20
Stang Runner
Registered Member

stock 1966 396ss L34 360HP 0-60 7.9 1/4 15.5
stock 1966 396ss L78 375HP 0-60 6.4 1/4 14.3
This is out of a Book. They are not that Fast at all STOCK.
Only 20,000 cars with the 454 were made. I have no times on those.
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote