MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   my car got keyed (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=44273)

Fat0eknee 09-19-2004 01:06 PM

my car got keyed

so yeah ..thats probably the worst feeling in the world but my car got keyed from one end to the other across my deck lid and i have no idea who did it (some jealous punk at the college more than likely) - i wanted to kill the first suspicious person i saw ..but everybody looked suspicious after that lol ;)

has this happened to anybody else - your car has gotten keyed just from spite and jealousy

mustangII460 09-19-2004 08:02 PM

My good cars never get out of sight.

I have taken many reports on vandalisms such as yours. Chances are its revenge, more so than a random act.

Suc's

rwhite65 09-19-2004 08:56 PM

The problem is, when u have nice cars like ours, someone....somewhere will recognize it as yours. Whether they r jealous or not......mustangII460 is probably right.

I am waiting for the day when I find mine that way. I try to never let it out of my sight.....but sometimes....it is .... just please tell me u had insurance?
Ryan

Fat0eknee 09-19-2004 11:36 PM

liability

rwhite65 09-20-2004 01:26 AM

:( that sucks....
Ryan

Orange97GTVert 09-20-2004 09:43 PM

I was never keyed, but I have been egged. That sucks too. I hope I never even see someone keying someone's car, cause I would come unglued. I love my cars, I respect other people's cars, even if they are not in my taste. That is one of the most hateful things I can think about someone doing. Sometimes it is revenge, sometimes it's jealousy, but nowdays sometimes it is just plain meanness, looking for something nice to mess up. Go figure.

Sorry about your car man.:mad:

Fat0eknee 09-21-2004 12:26 AM

yeah if i saw the person who did it i probably would be sitting in jail right now for manslaughter :(

blue00gt 09-21-2004 11:17 AM

I feel for ya, man. I've had my car both egged and keyed. In my case I'm pretty sure it was random because they did the same thing to some other cars in the neighborhood and I didn't know the other neighbors previous to talking to them about the incident. Probably some neighborhood punks who don't know what it's like to work for money to have something nice.
One thing about having a nice car - I definitely don't road rage like I used to when I was younger with a crappy looking car for fear that someone will see my car when I'm not around and vandalize.

Kevin Price 09-22-2004 08:05 PM

Sorry to hear that. I recall a time in college when I spanked the crap out of a 55 Chevy with a tunnel ram. Basically a couple of rednecks whose life most likely revolved around this car.

Anyway, that night I "luckily" came outside and noticed it before any damage was done. I feel for you man, that is BS.

Fat0eknee 09-23-2004 11:46 AM

thanks for the replies guys ..yeah i went and bought one of those little touch up brushes so im gonna try to fix it up - i really suck with paint and im scared though haha ;)

sdd228 09-23-2004 09:37 PM

ive never been keyed but i cam eout of the store one day last summer and noticed a dent on the passenger side of the car. i was so f..'n pissed. i have a deductable of 500 and it costs 500 to fix. its right on the body line. anyways do you think a dent remover will work on this type of dent? thanks

Orange97GTVert 09-23-2004 10:23 PM

My 97 Vert got hit by a buggy at Walmart, it had a dent the size of your hand right in the middle of the passenger door. I called a "paintless dent repair" guy that was recommended to me, he not only got that dent out, but all the other small dings too. It cost me $145 and the car looks new.

We also had a black Honda Accord once that got hit by a suitcase at a motel when it was brand new. It had a dent the size of a tomato at the front of the hood where it slopes down to the grill. The dent place charged us $50, and it didn't even show, even on a black car.

Check your yellow pages and call one of those places and get them to take a look, they can tell you if they can fix it or not, you may be surprised!

rwhite65 09-24-2004 08:33 AM

I was skeptical about one of those paintless dent places....but after a tornado came through our community with some serious hale....the entire fleet at work was damaged.....about 20 dents a car. One of the paintless dent removal places fixed all the cars....can not even tell at all.
Ryan

Rev 09-24-2004 06:09 PM

Murder one?

Quote:

Originally posted by Fat0eknee
yeah if i saw the person who did it i probably would be sitting in jail right now for manslaughter :(
If you actually hunted him down it would probably be murder one.

Rev

Fat0eknee 09-25-2004 01:44 AM

crimes of passion

rwhite65 09-25-2004 12:55 PM

hahaha good point!! now you are at 2nd degree murder.
Ryan

Rev 09-25-2004 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fat0eknee
crimes of passion
Not if you chased him down after the fact. You then had "deliberated" your actions and then proceded to kill the "mofo". I'm not a lawyer and "mofo" is not an official name for perpetrater as far as I know, LOL.

Rev

Fat0eknee 09-25-2004 07:03 PM

hahaha @ "kill the 'mofo'" ahh brightened my day i needed that laugh

2001GTPEWTER 10-10-2004 05:19 PM

Re: Got My Car Keyed

Advice?...Get a police benevolant sticker on your car, maybe buy a PD duffle bag and leave this stuff on your front seat..NOBODY messes with a cop's car.

Fat0eknee 10-10-2004 10:40 PM

u sure about that ...that could even attract more attention given the fact that most people arent especially too fond of cops - it could get keyed out of spite because its a cops car AND its a classic ..or maybe im on drugs