MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   MY FIRST RACE!!! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=25457)

#1 Pony 06-25-2002 10:11 AM

MY FIRST RACE!!!

oh.. let me tell the story.

12 MIDNIGHT. STEAMY.
I went out to see if I could catch a race. But I noticed the cops were everywhere. I circled around and I noticed a black civic sitting off thr road. Either they were waiting or someone or broke down because everyone was out of the car. I went by and reved and they did nothing I circled back around and they were gone.
oh well. I noticed a blue import with rims in a fast food drive thru.
On race there.
I started noticing all the imports and domestics were heading for somewhere out in the suburb area. I wanted to follow because I knew the area well but I didn't because I don't if they were just going to race or hang out (you know friends out driving). Besides I was all alone if I would have had some friends with me in the car or if we were cruisein' together I would have followed.
(what would you have done?)

I leave and go somewhere else (getting ready to give up).
Untill this guy wont get off my butt so I speed up to see if he'll follow. Nope!! I'm coming to a red light and I see the right lane is open. I get over and I wanted to see who I would line up with.
I roll up.... well well well... I see red and rims... it's a Camaro.
I've got the radio up. And I lined up at the light. The guy did not line up with me, but I still prepared for a race (because around here people just take off...and you sit there like 'oh we're racing??' When did WE decide that..)
So light goes green, I roll out fast but not fast as if I was racing...just a race prep roll to see if he wanted to play... I looked back to see what he was doing. He was at my rear tire. Then I here him shift!!! H*ll yes!!!
He was at my front door. I pushed it, RPM'S flew, and that put him back at my bumper. He stayed there..then dropped back abd turned into a parking lot. I shut down at 60mph. It was a quick race. Sad he thought he could beat me.

I do believe it was v6... but I could not see on the road. I KNOW FOR SURE it was not an SS.

My first race, a camaro, and a win!!!

Dark_5.0 06-25-2002 11:45 AM

:confused: If its so good go to street racers corner and share with the group.

#1 Pony 06-27-2002 09:11 AM

I thought it was a good race for stock.:confused:

Hammer 06-27-2002 09:22 AM

I think its kind of funny that some Camaro owners think that ANY Camaro, including the base V6, can beat a "wimpy" Mustang GT.

Truth is, they might give a run to a 96-98 GT AOD vert, but that's about it...

Yellowjacket walked v6 Camaros when she was stock...

Good kill. ;)

Dark_5.0 06-27-2002 12:11 PM

What were you driving???????

#1 Pony 06-27-2002 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hammer

Truth is, they might give a run to a 96-98 GT AOD vert, but that's about it...

Yellowjacket walked v6 Camaros when she was stock...

Good kill. ;)

Thanks!!! I LOVE Yellowjacket!!! I can't wait till I can get my yellow cobra!!

Quote:

What car were you driving????
Ha ha ha ha......

I'm so embarrassed.....

A Saturn......

D*mn:(

90LxDroptop 06-30-2002 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by #1 Pony

Ha ha ha ha......

I'm so embarrassed.....

A Saturn......

D*mn:(

LOL!!! that reminds me of an early 90's saturn racing this new Celica and every light they got. I was following them just to see who would win. Saturn won every time.lol!

#1 Pony 07-01-2002 07:55 AM

*exhale*

Quote:

Originally posted by 90LxDroptop

LOL!!! that reminds me of an early 90's saturn racing this new Celica and every light they got. I was following them just to see who would win. Saturn won every time.lol!

I thought I was getting ready to get bashed!! :)
Ha, I never raced a Celica in it. Perhaps I should give it a try.