MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My first real race! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=28692)

The Deuce 09-09-2002 11:15 PM

My first real race!

I got off work late tonight, and I wasn't exactly happy about getting hassled all day while working 11 hours. So I take off to go home and manage to be first at the light. Just to blow off some steam I spin 'em into the intersection and run up about halfway through second.

I'm not thinking anything of the fact that when I changed lanes the Lincoln LS moves back next to me at the next light.

It goes green and this guy hits it hard. I'm rolling so I get into the clutch, up the revs, and dump. I'm even with him on the 1-2, and he keeps going! I feel the posi kick as I hit 2nd hard, and put about a car on him until I see this car hit third. Figure he's done, so I shift a little early, but he wasn't.

Had about a car and half when I shut down at 90 on a city street. He kept going and I saw the LS v-8 badge. Figured as much, but it was pretty darn fun.

Not too bad considering he's got maybe 35 ponies more, but I don't know how much heavier.

Shelby428cj 09-09-2002 11:28 PM

HAAHAA NICE KILL DEUCE ooo and did you get my PM???

See Ya,
Karen:cool:

Dark_5.0 09-12-2002 10:19 PM

I didnt think that the Lincoln LS was that fast. Watch out for the Mercedes M5. I had a closer than expected race with one a while back.

Later,

MidNiteBlu 5.0 09-12-2002 11:02 PM

Whats a Mercedes M5? :confused: I mean theres a BMW M5...:D :D :p ;) Im just messin with ya man.

Yes those M5's are badass! 400hp 4 door sedan :eek: Who wants to buy me one??:D

The Deuce 09-13-2002 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dark_5.0
I didnt think that the Lincoln LS was that fast. Watch out for the Mercedes M5. I had a closer than expected race with one a while back.

Later,

I didn't think it was either. He got the kick, but it can definatly move. I've got 2.73's which didn't help the cause either.

I'm going to the track tomorrow, so I'll post numbers when I'm done.

Dark_5.0 09-13-2002 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MidNiteBlu 5.0
Whats a Mercedes M5? :confused: I mean theres a BMW M5...:D :D :p ;) Im just messin with ya man.

Yes those M5's are badass! 400hp 4 door sedan :eek: Who wants to buy me one??:D

oops.........Im retarded:o ..It was kinda hard to tell exactly what it was looking through my rear view mirror;)

Later,

JaxTheDJ 09-13-2002 09:57 PM

Nice run dude,we have a few of those down here in Fla. Most of them run VERY well.I do most of my racing on the track but you should see the looks on people faces when I dial up the Powerstroke ( Diablo Chip) and smoke em on the hiway...LOL I get alot of funny looks when I launch that thing,I prolly need to seee what it runs at the track sometime,but it's pulling my Stang when we go..... nice kill...