MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My Last Few Races. . . . (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=28352)

1969Mach1 09-01-2002 01:43 AM

My Last Few Races. . . .

Well I seem to always find someone to race every night I go out and I decided I'd post about 2 races I recently lost..... But there was no shame in loosing to these cars.

1st Car, Honda Prelude
Yes don't laugh at me and mock me, this guy owns a performance shop that rices out cars, really really nice guy. He hates Honda's just as much as me. He's thinking of selling his car to buy a GTO or a Viper, he wants something orignal. Anyway, I was to race this guy in a Type R that was Turbo'd and Intercooled and done up abit, anyway his car wasn't running properly. Something with his transmission or something, so they told me this guy wanted to see my car and then we decided to just pull out and race. I missed a shift but he had me either way, he has $20,000 done to the engine, 22lbs of boost intercooled SR-V engine, with straight exhaust all the way back, he flames coming out of his exhaust which was really cool to watch. lol They were about 3 feet long. So anyway, we turned around and he's like try to keep up, he stepped on it and I couldn't, he kept pulling on me. He was a nice guy and I had no shame in loosing to him.

2nd Car, Ferrari :D
I gathered with some people tonight, and a friend asked for a ride in it, so I took him out we pulled out just cruising really, and I see this car. I'm like I don't even know what that is, looks like a lotus or something. So anyway I decide to line up at the lights but there is a big truck between us so I still couldn't see what it was, anyway we both pull at the light slowly he looks at me and now I notice it's a Ferrari, he smiles steps on it and then I step on it. He had the 1 car jump on me but it stayed pretty much like that. I was pretty impressed I could keep up with the Ferrari. He pulled maybe a half-car to a car. But I thought my pony did pretty good, we stopped and he commented me on my colour (his was yellow aswell) nice guy though. I gave him the nod, he gave it back and I turned off. :D

Those are my two races that I've lost, not the 1000 ricers that tried racing and lost so bad. I had some Honda passing cars on the shoulder and wrong side of the road trying to race me. lolI just kept on pulling he couldn't even catch up what so ever.

Well I'm off to bed, story time is over for me, I can keep on going though. lol :D

§am.

MidNiteBlu 5.0 09-01-2002 01:58 AM

Very Nice!

From what ive heared a ITR like that with a built turboed/intercooled motor like that running 22psi should be like mid to low 13's hehe. Ask him what kind of motor it is if you see him again (B18, B16 etc) Ive never heard of a SR - V Before :confused:

Very nice to keep up with a Ferrari! :D

Later,
Nick

1969Mach1 09-02-2002 08:18 PM

I will be sure to ask him. I think he said his car was a mid 12's car and I wouldn't doubt him, this thing was quick. I will try to stop by this week. I want to see that Ferrari again though, it looked sweet. I just wish I could pull up beside more ricers though. lol They are just as fun to race. lol

§am.

6T9PONY 09-02-2002 08:49 PM

Ever put your car on the dyno Sam?

Shelby428cj 09-02-2002 10:18 PM

Sweet a ferrari you guy suck there is no cool cars around here to race like that!!! Sorry about the HONDA!!!!;) ;) But I know what you are saying about it!!

See Ya,
Karen

induction 09-03-2002 08:10 PM

WHAT?!?!?!? Oh nevermind I get it . Hey 1969MACH1 you never responded to the thread you started http://forums.mustangworks.com/showt...threadid=28170 in classic mustangs , what happended to ya ?:confused:

induction 09-06-2002 06:30 PM

blue00gt 09-06-2002 06:54 PM

Maybe the Honda had a CRV block? I've seen a Civic before with a turbo motor that was built on a CRV block because of the increased displacement.

1969Mach1 09-08-2002 04:29 PM

Sorry I wasn't on the site for a week or so but I replied. And I also replied about the dyno in that post. :D
Well I've only seen like 2 Ferrari's in my town before. My buddy who works for Honda says if you take a CRV engine bore it over .30 and put Type R pistons in it and put it in like a civic you get like a 9 second car. I found that quite interesting... I told him I'd have to see it to be believe it though. But apparently it's true...?!?!

§am.