View Single Post
Old 07-07-2001, 07:08 PM   #1
Special K
Registered Member

Thumbs up My race vs 1997 GT!

So last night at the street race my friend was there with his 1997 Mustang GT with pulley and gear 3.73 . He asked me to race so I said why not... I jumped in my car and here we are cruising all the way down the street to stage for the race.
We line up...the flager is ready and here we go... he got traction problems and he is fishtailing(sp?) all over the place he almost hit me... I let off the gaz and when I saw he had the control of his car I punched it back... I finished with my front bumper at his rear bumper!

He asked to go again.. "I didnt have any traction, etc..." I didnt have any traction either... back at the end of the street there is two LONG tires marks on the street... not his... but mine... I sware mine were longer then his... hahaha atleast 50 feet!

So we line up again.. with more space between each other. We both had a fairly good launch... he jumped an half car on me on the launch and didnt gain for the rest of the race...at the end my front bumper was at his driver door!

I lost... twice... but its a good lost... Back at the parking lots I was the one getting congratulations!

It was a good night!

Peace!
The race!!! http://quicksir.tracracing.com/Movies/SiRvs1997GT.mpg

------------------
2000 Honda Civic SiR
15.217 @ 91.884 mph
(w/ AEM CAI in +100F temp)
1989 Ford Mustang LX Coupe 5.0L (RIP)
14.120 @ 98.126 mph

[This message has been edited by Special K (edited 07-09-2001).]
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote