MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2002, 11:36 AM   #1
exgmguy
Registered Member

Thumbs up My wife takes out an LS1

Tonight, (Saturday) We went to a friends and I had a few too many pops to get behind the wheel. So the wife gets to drive the Mustang home. We are heading south on Mound road and an LS1 Formula with a couple young guys starts to pace us.
Then I start to coach.....hehe. I say slow down. Put it into second and blip the gas. She does and the Formula takes off. I say... "FLOOR IT!.......rrrrrrrrrrwWRRRRRRAAAWWW!!!!!! SHIFT!!!!!!! she hits third and we are laying waste to the blue F-car.
We slow down and they have the R's up, ready for another go. Ready......GO! She floors it in third at around 2500-3000 RPM and we are even with the bird. As soon as the RPM's start to climb....SEE YA!!!!

She had to run them four or five times. She got such a kick out of it. Just awesome. Now she says she wants to run it down the track. As she is happy, and does not mind a few bucks going into the 'Stang here and there I am all for it.

For kicks I opened the bottle and let her spray second. She almost got to the top of second before she let off. That was a little too much for her.

She is soo geeked, and wants to drive all the time now!
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote