MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2002, 05:47 PM   #1
lx mike
Undescribable

Default Neck and Neck with a Bullit!

Went to test and tune night to make a few runs and see how my friends car that would run with alum heads he just installed. well after about an hour or so saw a bullitt running around and he got inot line so i ran back to my car that i had been letting sit to cool and tried to line up with him. he got in front of 2 quadrunners and i had to sit and listen cause of the way the track is layed out. heard on loudspeaked he ran 8.79 and i had been running 9.0's and a few 8.9's (this is 1/8 mile) well i made my run and i had run a 8.87. i went back around in line and he pulled next to me. it was on!!! track personell waved us around then we sat waiting for signal to do out burnouts we got the signal and he took his time and i did a short one and moved to the line and prestaged and waited and when i saw him move up i staged and brought my rpm's up and waited he staged and the tree came down and we left the line together (r.t's was .7316 for him and .7313 for me) he was on radials and i had my mccrearys on so i got the better 60' and was pulling him till about 600' and could see him moving along side and just as we crossed the line we was side by side and when i got my time slip he had gotten there .08 ahead!!

him me

60' 2.26 2.04

330' 5.92 5.83

1/8 8.8969 8.9386

mph 83.76 78.98
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 05:54 PM   #2
Torinalth
Registered Member

sounds like a great run! the best enjoyment is have a good competition, I'd prefer a solid run against a close competitor rather than a blow away win.

Torinalth
Old 05-18-2002, 08:38 PM   #3
venumus93
Registered Member

Cool

Mike,
Sounds like lots of fun! GREAT RUN! I love the side by side racing too! It just doesn't happen that much for me. I always get put up against 12.5 sec cars or 18 sec civics....boo-hiss!
Tomorrow is Funday Sunday at Orlando Speedworld. I'm gonna go see what the A9L & C&L 76MM did for me...yes, on my street tires....the tires will have to be the nex mod, I know!
Wish you could come out to Orlando sometime to run! Then I could borrow your tires just to see what I would do!(and what YOU could do, of course, as I would let you take a rip down the 1/4 in my car too!).
Will let you know how tomorrow goes. If any PB, will post it tomorrow night. Later!
93Cobra#3974, 114K miles
3.55's, flo's, pullies, C&L
1/4: 13.985
60': 2.088 (street tires)
MPH: 99.58
venumus93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 08:52 PM   #4
lx mike
Undescribable

Yes i know all about that, that why i was excited to race someone that i was running close enough times with. usualy your so far in front or behind but then again it is just test and tune, later on after the rain stopped and they dried out the track i lined up with a mid 70's vette and he got me off the line but i blew past him about half track. the track i run at is just 1/8 mile. i want to go to bradenton again. last time i went only got 3 run but 2 of them was in the 13's i want run over 100 mph, i was so close ran 99 mph twice!! just need a bit more and i'll be there.

GOOD LUCK!! maybe sometime we can get together and see what we can get out of these darn cars!!
Old 05-19-2002, 07:31 AM   #5
venumus93
Registered Member

Angry damn rain!

It's pouring rain here now, all across the state, looks like it will be aaround for at least a couple hours, so probably no track day for me.........ARGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've wanted to run so bad since I got my new toys on & the car running right! And now, my wife leaves today for a week long biz trip, I have a 19 month old son, so unless I get a friend to babysit(for a Wed or Fri test & tune this week), no racing for me for at least a few weeks! It's not OK for a grown man to cry, is it?

Mike, I'll let you know if the heavens clear & I make it to the track today.....Later!

p.s. Mike, could you make it to FFW in Gainesville June 7-9? I will be going with a couple friends(one lives there)...I'll just want to run the test & tune night, not on the event days as I'm way toooo slow! let me know!
93Cobra#3974, 114K miles
Old 05-19-2002, 01:16 PM   #6
Reipen
Registered Member

Default hey venum

i dont think it was raining at the track though as all of my friends, you have probaly seen us there from time to time, went to the track still. (fuelslut.com)

nice to see some people from around my area posting on this board :P
Reipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 07:59 PM   #7
venumus93
Registered Member

Default Re: hey venum

Quote:
Originally posted by Reipen
i dont think it was raining at the track though as all of my friends, you have probaly seen us there from time to time, went to the track still. (fuelslut.com)

nice to see some people from around my area posting on this board :P
Reipen:
Wow, I knew about a dozen people from Oralndo that said they weren't going because of the rain this AM....well, I had the Cobra all cleaned up so didnt want to drive 45mins in the rain just to get it dirty I guess. Yeah, I've seen you guys there plenty of times...gotta love that name "fuelslut"!!! Hey, I'm gonna be there for this Fri night test & tune, so stop on by if you can make it & see my car in the staging lanes(it's the only red '93 Cobra you'll probably ever see there, so I'm hard to miss).
Later!
93Cobra#3974, 114K miles
Old 05-19-2002, 08:56 PM   #8
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Good run! Time to get a camshaft, cylinder heads and spank that Bullitt.
Nitrous Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 09:13 PM   #9
lx mike
Undescribable

Al: already have a cam and a set of longtube headers to go on, just need a set of heads and going to do it all at one time.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:44 PM   #10
bri32z
street racing junkie

Sounds like an awsome run there Mike. I hope all is well there in S FL. I love those close ones.
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 12:21 PM   #11
Reipen
Registered Member

Default okie dokie

will look for ya bud
Reipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 05:09 PM   #12
slow98
Registered Member

Default 60'

good thing his 60' time was pathetic or he might have spanked you bad... good run though, nice 60' for you .... peace
1998 mustang gt/manual..373s,bbk offroad h pipe,flowmaster cat back,c&l 80 mm maf,steeda triax,eibach springs,steeda ud pulleys,upr timing adjuster,screamon demos coil packs,motorsports 9mm plug wires,steea aluminum lca's,steeda heavy duty uca's and just over 100 k on the clock
slow98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: