MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2002, 05:47 PM   #1
lx mike
Undescribable

Default Neck and Neck with a Bullit!

Went to test and tune night to make a few runs and see how my friends car that would run with alum heads he just installed. well after about an hour or so saw a bullitt running around and he got inot line so i ran back to my car that i had been letting sit to cool and tried to line up with him. he got in front of 2 quadrunners and i had to sit and listen cause of the way the track is layed out. heard on loudspeaked he ran 8.79 and i had been running 9.0's and a few 8.9's (this is 1/8 mile) well i made my run and i had run a 8.87. i went back around in line and he pulled next to me. it was on!!! track personell waved us around then we sat waiting for signal to do out burnouts we got the signal and he took his time and i did a short one and moved to the line and prestaged and waited and when i saw him move up i staged and brought my rpm's up and waited he staged and the tree came down and we left the line together (r.t's was .7316 for him and .7313 for me) he was on radials and i had my mccrearys on so i got the better 60' and was pulling him till about 600' and could see him moving along side and just as we crossed the line we was side by side and when i got my time slip he had gotten there .08 ahead!!

him me

60' 2.26 2.04

330' 5.92 5.83

1/8 8.8969 8.9386

mph 83.76 78.98
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote