MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-27-2001, 11:34 AM   #1
MusTanG_GT
Registered Member

Exclamation need help

you guys i have the same problem as i hate rice accept i have a 95 gt convertable

I want to have the fastest car in my school, and my only real competition is a manuel firebird WS6, and a eclipse GSX that looks stock. If I cant beat them now, what mods would you recommend to beat the snot out of them. And even if I cant beat them now atleast I have a better looking car.
MusTanG_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 05:03 PM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Get a Blue bottle. (NOS) It would be the cheap way to go 600-750 I have a 75HP shot coming.

------------------
14.28@103.0 on a G-Tech Engine: Steal Mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, Home ported Lower Intake, No power steering, No A/C
Drive Train: 3.55, World Class T-5,
NOW it is time for Real power STUFF I Have and will put on after I get everthing: Mac cold intake, 70MM TB, Valve covers (COOL ONES)255 Fuel pump.
Next to get: rocker arms,Cam,TFS Heads,Injectors 26,Holley intake, What might I need???
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 10:31 AM   #3
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Cool

NOS is good but make sure you have the heads that can handle them. You don't want to melt anything. Gears are good for quick launches. Rip off that exhaust and get a low restrictive mufflers and cats. Hope this helps.

------------------
Cyberstang5.0
1992 Mustang GT 5.0
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 10:38 AM   #4
CougrrrFiveO
Registered Member

Talking

I vote for gears as the best bang for the buck! Get 3.73s (or 4.10s if you're not worried about gas mileage and don't do a lot of highway driving) and you'll feel an immediate difference over stock.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1845" TARGET=_blank>
Click here</A> to see my Cougar on MustangWorks.com!
"And another thing, when I gun the engine, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!"
CougrrrFiveO@cs.com
CougrrrFiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2001, 10:46 AM   #5
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

1 3.73 gears.
2 Headers
3 Hi-flow cats and mufflers or no cats and mufflers.
4 underdrive pulleys
5 K&N air filter

------------------
Eric - 89 Mustang LX coupe
302 - Cobra Intake - GT40p heads - TFS stage 1 cam - FRPP 1.6 roller rockers - Naturally Aspirated
3:73 gears - KYB shocks and struts - Eibach springs - HPM Mega-bite Jr lower control arms - HPM upper control arms
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 01:57 PM   #6
I hate Rice
Registered Member

Hey good luck. I have raced the GSX we are one and one. He does have a faster car becuase of mods but man for a 17 year old I can actually drive. Right now I am putting on a cold air intake and I would go with headers next. After that pullies and gears. If you have an automatic you can go with 373 but if you have a stick go with 355 just cuase we are 17 and I am sure you arnt good enough to shift that fast. Anything higher than 355s on a stick and you will have no first. Yank a couple of those catalytic converters too. Seriously good luck. Also remember your V8 is a ig boys toy while the drop top is all for the ladies that WILL come flocking. best luck and keep me posted.

------------------
97 Mustang GT Convertible

K&N filter
No silencer
Sidewinder 5000 Alarm

Gotta love Rice cuase they always travel in groups so you can embaress them in front of their buds.
I hate Rice is offline   Reply With Quote