MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-26-2001, 10:57 PM   #1
Chris_H
Registered Member

Talking Cobra brakes good enough for open road??

If you read my dyno post, I was in Phoenix the past 2 days. On the way home today I stopped at Firebird Raceway and checked out the Bondurant School of Racing. Since I plan to make my car an open road racer, I want to attend some of these schools. I am looking at the Baer Brakes and the Cobra brakes, and want to know if the Cobra brakes can stand up to the torture from these kinds of classes, and for open road racing. No sense in buying brakes that will last through half a class and start fading on me. Any help in deciding which ones to buy would be appreciated. Although I can't really afford the Baer's right now, no sense in buying the Cobra's and finding out they can't hang on the track.

Chris
Chris_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 11:00 PM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

the cobras should be just fine, you will have massive stoppin power. you may want to post this in corner carver's delight.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 01:33 PM   #3
Thebrakeguy
Registered Member

Red face

Chris, I am new to this HP World, I have done a lot of work on mustangs but still have yet to have one of my own. I would like for you to know about and see what greatbrakes.com has to offer you in options for brakes. they are 70% dust free made from Kevlar. I know a lot of guys in the Viper and TA clubs that now live by them. Go check out the web site and if you have any questions give us a call or send us an e-mail. These brakes are great for what it is you are trying to do with your car. Thanks, Cory Hitz

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_H:
If you read my dyno post, I was in Phoenix the past 2 days. On the way home today I stopped at Firebird Raceway and checked out the Bondurant School of Racing. Since I plan to make my car an open road racer, I want to attend some of these schools. I am looking at the Baer Brakes and the Cobra brakes, and want to know if the Cobra brakes can stand up to the torture from these kinds of classes, and for open road racing. No sense in buying brakes that will last through half a class and start fading on me. Any help in deciding which ones to buy would be appreciated. Although I can't really afford the Baer's right now, no sense in buying the Cobra's and finding out they can't hang on the track.

Chris
Thebrakeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 02:29 PM   #4
dinomite
The Dude

I happen to like brake dust! Its cool when you get clouds of it.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote