MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-03-2001, 07:17 PM   #1
lx mike
Undescribable

Post Track times (long)

went to the local 1/8 mile track and first 3 runs was better that last time, but i think it was mainly cause of the weather conditions, last time was in august and was hot and humid this time was cool. anyways car had been cooling for over and hour and i got in line and did a small first gear hop to clean off the tires, staged and made my run and got a 9.48@ 76 mph. last time my best was 9.6 so i was happy that i beat it already, nobody was in line so i went back and made another run and this time got a 9.53 @ 75.89,, i figured that was going to be where i would be running that night so i took a break and walked around and let car cool off fro about 45 minutes to see if i could get any betetr . well this run was 9.49 @ 75.82.pretty consistent runs! byt then al the fast cars was there and they started to make there run so i got in line and raised hood while they ran. finally gpot to run about 30 minutes later and thought i'd try something different this time, i rolled back into the water box then pulled up and did a short second gear burnout and went right to the line, car felt good and when i got my time slip it was 9.38 @ 75.96!
these time might not be too impressive but considering this is my first stick car and also running street radials i think it's pretty good for just a few mild boltons. i got some tires coming and just recently found a cobra intake and 65mm t.b for $300.

------------------
Mike's LX
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 09:01 PM   #2
venumus93
Registered Member

way to go, man! i hope to improve next time out to the track too with some better(lower)temps. might be december b4 i get to run again, but will try sooner so can get this old car movin'! take it easy, later!

------------------
93Cobra#3974
off-road h-pipe, 2chamber flowmasters, hurst shifter, moroso cold-air induction, march street pullies, best 1/4 14.461 at 98.15mph, best 60' 2.233
venumus93 is offline   Reply With Quote