MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-15-2002, 12:30 AM   #1
ItzDaLexus300
Registered Member

Default New to this Board, Have a comment.

Hello yes you read my name right but remeber things are not what they seem.

I am here for 2 reasons one becuase i like talking cars and 2 my friend that you know as Inferno showed me the discussion over the Supra and the V6 mustang.

I just want to say that that is a very fair comparison and some of you forgot the consider the facts of that thread. First off both cars are very equall in performance, they are both 6cyl cars weight about the same and make about the same ammount of power. If you opened your eyes you would see that it was a good race and he came out on top. Instead of jumping up because you read supra and getting so defensive why dont you just admit that it was a good fair race and that he came out on top.

Why are some of you so defensive, if your cars are as good as you make them out to be what do you have to be so afraid of tha tmakes you insult other people and thier vehicles.

Also we have all seen our fair share of slow 4cyl imports and Slow V8 Domestic. Ideally it is true that more Cyl and more displacement allows for a greater potential to make power. But int eh real world the car and its engine are determined by the owner and the work put into it. It is unfair to call a car slow because it has a 2.0L 4cyl and is running 12's maybe high 11's/ If you take a second to realize the ammount of skill it would take to make that happen and put it into a V8, the V8 car would more then likely be in the 9's. Yes there is a large difference in how fast the cars are but you have to respect a car that can run that fast on such a small motor and being fwd usually tho not all the time.

I just wish people would be more open minded to cars i love them all muscle to import and wouldnt have it any other way.

1996 SC300 5spd ~"Some Mods" **cough**

1987 Pontiac Fiero Project. Ask for Details
ItzDaLexus300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 12:43 AM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

How nice for you. Yeah, both cars were about as slow. I think that is the point, and has been beaten into the ground. There was a reason that the two threads related to the one incident were closed, so people would drop the issue.

Personally, I grew up with a father who worked for Nissan, and owned a modified '65 k-code. I've seen good muscle from both sides of the Pacific, and even over in Europe. So don't think that I am being closed minded when I ask what your point is.

This is a Mustang board, and that's what people here are partial to. So a guy starts talking about how is Supra is fast, and he beat a v6 Mustang. The point really is that the Mustang is and has been a benchmark for performance for darn near 40 years, well except the dark days of the Mustang II. When you say Mustang people assume, fast and v8.

The only thing I am sick and tired of is people coming along pulling a Rodney King and waving the PC flag. The, "Can't we all, just get along?" crap got old 10 years ago. I give guys crap that drive 10 sec Nova's because they are GM's. It's for the same reason they make fun of my friends 427sohc Deuce.

Here's a clue. Car guys talk crap about other makes. It's more of a high school rivalry thing than a 'I'm a racist and hate Asia' thing. Get over it already. Fast is fast, and if it ain't Ford, its at least kind backwards.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 12:47 AM   #3
ItzDaLexus300
Registered Member

Once again i repeat my point why are you so defensive. i was stating points to be made. I dont care what car was what it would have been a DIablo and an Accord for all i care. and i never said it was just Domestic guys i know my fiar share of import guys that are the same way. Sorry if i insulted you i just wish people would consider all points before theys hoot thier mouth off. And no need to be rude unless you would like it in return.

In the end the driver means all of the difference. Nothing like watching a 700hp car run 15's because teh guy cant drive to save his life.

And if your still living your life based on how you acted in highschool i have no problem but some of us have evolved.

Old 10-15-2002, 12:57 AM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

Bring it on Junior.

I was just deconstructing your argument. If you want to say I was being defensive fine. I could care less.

My point was you come on a Mustang site and start getting all upity about us being more open minded and not considering all the facts. Apparently you haven't looked at it from the vantage point of someone who has been into Mustangs for over 20 years.

Quote:
And if your still living your life based on how you acted in highschool i have no problem but some of us have evolved.
Ever hear of an analogy? I was only comparing it to the level of pride you had for your school simply because it was where you went. Had you lived in a different part of town you'd have felt the same way about your rival.

One last time, pull your head out. This is going to get closed or deleted and frankly you are an embarassment to Inferno. He's a good guy.

Old 10-15-2002, 01:18 AM   #5
ItzDaLexus300
Registered Member

Wasnt being Upity about anything. If you take something as such then that is how you take it. As far as how long you ahve been around mustangs....what relevance does it have to me? Its cool but doesnt have any standing for this discussion.

and have i ever heard of an analogy? Analogy meaning a story or anecdote, phrase or descriptive analog used to refer to something else in a metaphorical sense. No whats that?

Have you heard of sarcasm?

Old 10-15-2002, 02:10 AM   #6
inferno
The Instigator

Duece, what crawled up your ***? You are usually one of the more level headed members of the board, but the past couple of days it seems like you are lashing out for some reason. Seems not too long ago that you were basically saying that all enthusiast are equal. I would bring a quote, but I am feeling too lazy to do it right now. In terms of the thread that was closed, the original post wasn't inflamatory in any way and they guy said he BARELY beat a V6 Stang. I don't see how that comment could have brought the response that it did. I call out you and ImportKiller, but you both are too busy to find time to race my "slow" n/a Supra. I understand you are afraid to race on the street, but I am sure that you have had stoplight encounters before and probably have recently. You call lex an embarrassment to me, but he basically said what I have always said since I joined this board in July of 2000. I understand this is a Mustang board and that any comment about beating a Stang is probably going to draw some criticizm, but I have given both you and ImportKiller the oppurtunity to end it once and for all by beating me in a race. ImportKiller is stalling so that he can get his 351 and powerdyne installed, and you.....well I don't know why you are stalling. Any other light modded Stang owners in So Cal that aren't afraid of my lil ol 84 Supra?
Old 10-15-2002, 02:21 AM   #7
ItzDaLexus300
Registered Member

Yea Deuce im not tryin to start **** dont take this personally.

YOu know inferno i wish i lived there id show you what a Luxury car can do

Old 10-15-2002, 12:52 PM   #8
The Deuce
Registered Member

Inferno.
I am actually busy on the weekends before you leave for TX. That is an unfortunate state of affaris. My concern with racing you on the street is only that I doubt either of us would shut down below say 120. That's just too fast out here. I'm free Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights. If you find a track, I'll run you. You could delay TX another 15 days, unless you're chicken.

I still have nothing against other enthusiasts. The only problem I am coming up against is the new feeling that everyone needs to be totally accepted. Y'all run Toyotas, sweet. Its just the implied meaning in things like the following:
Quote:
I just wish people would be more open minded to cars i love them all muscle to import and wouldnt have it any other way.
While I'm venting I thought I would bring this up as well.

Quote:
Yes there is a large difference in how fast the cars are but you have to respect a car that can run that fast on such a small motor and being fwd usually tho not all the time.
I was under the impression that Supras were RWD, or was this a general comment?

Old 10-15-2002, 01:36 PM   #9
ImportKiller
Registered Member

Bottom Line mr Lexus....

Read the Url MUSTANGWORKS.....

if you want to talk about racing and rice and beating mustangs....

go to the RICEBOARDS.....

The comment is equal to a Raider fan going to a Charger Fans website and talking about how great the Raiders are

You have to know your going to upset some fans....sheesh

if common sense was so common we wouldn't be having this discussion....

sheesh

http://geocities.com/team340maxim

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
JBA Headers, Bassani X-Pipe
Mac 3' Catback system.
ImportKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 02:04 PM   #10
ImportKiller
Registered Member

Quote:
ImportKiller is stalling so that he can get his 351 and powerdyne installed, and you.....well I don't know why you are stalling. Any other light modded Stang owners in So Cal that aren't afraid of my lil ol 84 Supra?

Now listen here inferno...if you have been on this board as long as you say you have, you would've noticed the several posts i've put up asking for advice on the planned swap....Prior to our meeting...

I have been planning this swap for months before i ever knew this board exists....so just so you don't get full of yourself and your POS supra....Know that unlike most ricers I actually have planned and researched my swap before i turn one screw or bolt....

Oh and if you need to verify this ask my integra owning bud...he can tell you how long i've been researching it...

so to burst your bubble, No, i am not stalling because i fear your lil POS....and No this lil challange doesn't have me running to install my engine....

I am following along with my planned swap....Parts time and money are all things that go into this and if you know cars like you sound like you do, You know how big a project this is....i take this to be a lil bit more important than our race, rescheduling my install or my daughters B-day are far more important to me and if you don't think so, you my friend need to go out and find a life....

but no worries....

if time allows we can race before you leave to texas....

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Mac 3' Catback system.
Old 10-15-2002, 03:55 PM   #11
Rev
Registered Member

Default More

Wasn't the point in some of the posts from that other thread that the Supra should have beaten the V-6 Stang by a lot more than it did? Maybe I can sneak my wifes ES300 out and run some V-6 Stangs. I'm pretty sure I could beat them. Nah, I'd rather spend my time looking for races in my '66 coupe, hee, hee.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 04:25 PM   #12
slow98
Registered Member

Default ????

why would someone one with a car that can barely outrun a v6 mustang want to take on a charged 351? seems kinda pointless to me.... i guess it could be for peice of mind or pride? got me, just be careful if u do it on the road a friendly race can cost u alot of money, i know from first hand experience

peace
1998 mustang gt/manual..373s,bbk offroad h pipe,flowmaster cat back,c&l 80 mm maf,steeda triax,eibach springs,steeda ud pulleys,upr timing adjuster,screamon demos coil packs,motorsports 9mm plug wires,steea aluminum lca's,steeda heavy duty uca's and just over 100 k on the clock
slow98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 04:36 PM   #13
ImportKiller
Registered Member

No worries I aint gonna race him on the street...

besides im so God damned busy right now i couldn't race you to the Fridge right now...lol

anyhow check my site i'll be updating it as i build the engine and install it...

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Mac 3' Catback system.
Old 10-15-2002, 04:42 PM   #14
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I'm backing Deuce on this one. That other thread had a bunch of crap and I didn't really care to read it.

Mr. ItzDaLexus300 you started off being a nice guy and I'm going to be nice back. You seem to be searching for something here, but trust me you're not going to find it.

This is a mustang board. Most of the guys here have a bunch of tools in the garage and work on there cars on weekends. 98% of everyone on this board have some level of passion for mustangs. No body really cares whether or not you want them to "open there eyes". They go to the track and see what they see.

There are knowledgable people who drive 4 bangers and GM products and all the rest of it. But, So what, you're not going to convince me or anyone else, that I should bow and respect someone just because they own a 2.0L 4 cylinder car. (I do have a lot of respect for inferno).

When the guy knows the difference between a camshaft and a crankshaft I'll start to listen. Suprisingly enough, so far I haven't come across many guys like that

Just drop it.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 05:18 PM   #15
one
Registered Member

Funny how everyone is worried about running on the street that is posting on " Street racers corner". I will race you in my 01 Tahoe if you want to roll that Supra out.

One
Old 10-15-2002, 05:22 PM   #16
inferno
The Instigator

Deuce

Waiting 15 days is not an option for me which is why I want to get this settled before then. Our cars wouldn't trap more than mid 90's so that would be the ending point...maybe call it 100mph. The last comment you quoted was a general statement from lex.

ImportKiller

I know that you have been planning the swap before and I also know that you don't have it done yet. I also know that you are planning on getting it done with-in the next month of which time, I only have 2 weeks left in So Cal. I understand if you don't want to race me and my POS Supra before you get the swap done. I couldn't imagine the embarressment you would feel coming back to this board. I don't have anything to lose since everyone automatically assumes that my car can't compete with your powerful bolt on 5.0.

slow98

Just to let you know, my car weighs a good 6-700lbs less than the third gen Supra that raced the v6 Stang with a better torque curve and with a 4.30 factory final drive. Also, ImportKiller's car does not have a supercharged 351 yet.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:37 PM   #17
Rev
Registered Member

Default Curb weight?

Inferno, out of curiosity what is the curb weight of that '84 Supra? Also have you ever dyno'ed it. I'm not flaming, just curious. And let me know when you get to Houston.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 10-15-2002, 05:41 PM   #18
ImportKiller
Registered Member

Well there Inferno, as i said before, just because your ready to go doesn't mean its going to happen the way you want...your integra boy says we should just run it on the street...

I on the other hand am not willing to sacrafice myself or my ride or my license for this...it doesn't mean that much to me...

But....

If we can hook up in carlsbad the q or fontana its all good...but once again

I'll say it slowly so you can understand....all week this week i am planning my daughters 1st birthday....no time to race when i have too much to do after work...and after that all my parts will be in from summit and jegs and other places...then my car goes to arizona to be setup....understand Inferno....sorry that we got into this at this time and you have to leave but thats the way the cookie crumbles...

So just so you know I have never or will i ever back down out of any race....but i am not going to forgo plans and commitments i've made before i got into this lil challange

Maybe when i pick up my car in arizona i could ride to texas and give you a texas size A## whooping....

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Mac 3' Catback system.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:43 PM   #19
inferno
The Instigator

About 2800lbs Rev. No dyno numbers as of right now, but I plan on getting it dynoed once I get to Houston and get my turbo installed. I am not putting it in until I get to Texas.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:48 PM   #20
Rev
Registered Member

Default Single?

Single turbo or dual? What whp do you expect then? TNT Automotive will do three pulls on the DynoJet for $75.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe