MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-09-2002, 04:31 PM   #1
avbcon12
Registered Member

Default fuel pressure guage question..

hey guys/ gals, im trying to put together a fuel guage that i can just leave connected to the schrader valve on the fuel line. i dont want to spend the money on the accell one (or any for that matter). i was wondering if anybody knew what the outside thread is on the schrader valve so i can get a fitting to go from that to a guage (mechanical).

i know the thread on the inside of the schrader is 1/16" NPT but i can t find it anywhere locally and jegs has it for a whopping $8. i cant convince myself that thats the only way to goi dont (and feel like spending that $8 on a $1 brass fitting).

does anybody know whatt size the thread is on the outside of the schrader? or can somebody that has a tap & die set or thread guage find out fo me???

any help would be really appreciated, thanks.
adam
ported GT-40 heads w/ 1.7RR, Cobra intake w/ ported lower, 24# injectors, 190LPH pump, 75mm Pro-M MAF, 65mm TB, K&N panel, BBK long tubes, Off road H-pipe, 2 ch. Flowmaster, Black magic fan, Kirban FPR, 180 deg. T-stat, 3.73's, Steeda Tri-Ax, 130 amp alt. Accell 8.8 race wires/cap/rotor, motorcraft plugs, Factory Five suspension, etc etc etc....

http://avbcon12.stangnet.com
avbcon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 04:46 PM   #2
chris91LX
Registered Member

I pulled the Schrader and put in a straight piece and a 45 degree elbow directly to a mechanical guage. I bought the guage from Summit and a local speed shop sold me the adapter kit to fit the gauge where the schrader was. I don't know that you can keep the schrader valve in there and put a gauge over it, I don't think it would be accurate, but i could be wrong.
chris91LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 04:52 PM   #3
avbcon12
Registered Member

no no, i would pull the actual valve out of there for sure... does your fitting thread on the outside or the inside of the schrader???

thanks,
adam
ported GT-40 heads w/ 1.7RR, Cobra intake w/ ported lower, 24# injectors, 190LPH pump, 75mm Pro-M MAF, 65mm TB, K&N panel, BBK long tubes, Off road H-pipe, 2 ch. Flowmaster, Black magic fan, Kirban FPR, 180 deg. T-stat, 3.73's, Steeda Tri-Ax, 130 amp alt. Accell 8.8 race wires/cap/rotor, motorcraft plugs, Factory Five suspension, etc etc etc....

http://avbcon12.stangnet.com
avbcon12 is offline   Reply With Quote