MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-03-2002, 11:15 PM   #1
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Default New streetracing penalty here.....

Yea, someone has ruined it for us racers that like to go outside of city limits for some harmless runs, lately the streetracing deaths have been very frequent, 16 yr old kids with ricers are racing downtown on rain slick roads?? yes thats right an eclipse and a civic both wrecked, the civic driver survived, the eclipse wrapped around a light pole, and the driver was killed, this is just one of cases that happened after they were advertising "beat the heat" on t.v. that gives racers a chance to race the police at the track, because of the already large number of deaths.

So the city council is trying to pass a law, probaly a state law, that gives a streetracer 30 days in jail automatically, and suspended license, so i guess since the track is close bye, im gonna race only at the track, im just scared to get caught, it used to be, the cop would warn you, even ask about your car, now, it;s going to be handcuffs, and 30 day sentence........hope they dont pass this law, dang ricers need to chill out.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 12:01 AM   #2
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Whaaat r u serious? Is this san antonio only or texas wide?
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34

Lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 08:10 AM   #3
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Fairfax Virginia has just announced a crackdown on street racing. They're now using helicopters with Fleer Radar to advise the patrol cars in the area of the races. They're expending a lot of time, money and effort to catch 'em.

There will be steep fines, license suspensions, and confiscation of the cars involved in the race.

Lots of youngsters been buying the farm lately while racing. You can probably expect this crackdown to slowly expand country wide.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 08:59 AM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Yea,
This whole ricer movement the last few years has a lot of young, inexperienced drivers taking cars that were built to go to the grocery store into speeds and situations that the driver and car just can't get out of....

Unfortunately, we are going to have to live with the side effects of all this crap....

Don't worry, this fad of huge wheels with bad toe-in settings and lighted windshield fluid nozzles will eventually go away, and hopefully the streets will go back to normal....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 09:15 AM   #5
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Back to my issue of 'where/when do we stop?'

They might as well make speeding a felony, and let's throw U-turns in there too! This is getting nuts.

Street racing on a downtown street in the rain is one thing. A few guys setting up a couple quick runs out on some rural country road is another. I guess there's no difference in the eyes of the law.

Let's all give thanks to a recent movie that has provided more attention to street racing and ricers in general...(drum roll, please)...The Fast and the Furious.

It seems like every kid with a civic, baggy pants and a fart can thinks they're in an 11 sec invincible 'ride.'

About two years ago, while at a local car hang out spot, some ricers started doing burnouts and then racing IN THE PARKING LOT! Within minutes, many of the 'older' crowd (I guess I'm in this group too) calmly walked over to the kids and laid down the law. An older gentleman spoke sternly, but also in an informative manner to let these idiots know that what they were doing was wrong. He told them to either stop or leave the lot ASAP. By this time the cops showed up becasue one of the retailers in the lot didn't mind all the cars and people hanging out, but rather the racing and burnouts. The old guy raised his arms as if to say, 'see, I told you so.'

I'm getting the impression that the older crowd is losing it's patience with the idiots and therefore, has given up on trying to educate them / taking them under their wing. I see the same thing at my local track.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 11:21 AM   #6
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Montgomery county in Maryland are relly tough lately with street ricing. Just 2 weekes ago I was going home around 5:30 when the police had close a street close from my home.
When I got home my wife told me that 2 high school boys were street ricing after class (one driving a mustang the other driving a civic), one of the kids lost control...hit a post and die, the other kid ran away but was later captured.

Man I tell you I pass every day by the tree that the kid hited and I get sad everytime as some young guys keep puting flowers and posting notes on the tree.

"302 LX Eric"

I noticed you mention something about a parking lot, well I am an older guy (38) and every sunday I go to a parking lot college to raice against my own timing (I am the only one thare), I hope that this is not concidered street ricing because I have a lot of fun doing it.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 11:51 AM   #7
67GTACoupe
Registered Member

Are people stupid, i know im only 16 but some people are just plain stupid, i can't tell you how many times iv had ricers try and race me at this stop sign right by a park, i mean its like every other year some lil kid gets hit and last time a little girl got hit and was killed, i mean do they really think that it won't happen to them? and also them racing in a lil fiber glass grocery getter not made to go over 65-70 is gonna crumble under hitting a tree, im not saying domestics are invunerable but i think the steel frames would fare a little better, oh well, i guess thats why i hang out with the older crowds, lol

Steven

Drive Fast, Race Hard, Beat Ricers.

Live your life a 1/4 mile at a time
67GTACoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 01:01 PM   #8
RoadWarrior
Registered Member

When you race and hit something it doesnt matter what car your driving. Mustangs are unibody cars just like all the little civics ou there. Ive seen plenty of wrecked mustangs and thats why when ever i race i only do so in places that are somewhat safe. Like big open roads with no people or crosswalks around. Up here in canada the laws arent as tuff on street racers, yet.
RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 02:40 PM   #9
lx mike
Undescribable

They just passed a street racing law down here in florida too. jail time, a big fine, loss of licence and car impounded! you don't even have to be besides anyone eitherr, it says that you guilty of street racing if your "testing" the performance of you car against anyone else, the clock or over a marked distance. even if you trying to "beat" them across the intersection or trying to keep them from passing you.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 03:28 PM   #10
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Yea we had choppers for a while, and dont get me wrong, 3 mustangs in the last 2 months crashed and killed someone, and 2 camaros, one racing a gran am, another racing a prelude, then hit a truck head on, the mustang exploded into flames! some were in a residential area, or near schools!

fact is, a couple of us older guys (well im only 23) like to go out late at night, way out in the sticks usually, on roads with no oncoming traffic, we kind of stopped that, really, we can thank road ragers for that also, because they have a road rage task force in unmarked crowns, also looking for aggressive driving, and racing, i saw yesterday they had a ricer pulled over with a bright green body kit and huge wing...lol it was ugly. just keep that in mind, cops are already giving me looks cuz i got loud exhaust and e.t. streets, and i think it will be a state law, we also have some of the highest DWI fatalities in the country *sigh* I guess alot of stupid people live here.

And ever since that movie, psst , i can go on and on...
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 05:42 AM   #11
Import Slayer
Registered Member

street ricing fucced up racing forever...fucc im 19 and feel like an old *** man back when i turned 16 it was all about muscle cars...and noone had heard of street racing(in the general public)...now if u get caught u lose your lisence for 2 years on the spot. i live in bc canada...and in vancouver there are deaths almost daily from racing. half the population is asian there, and they have money...with high populations of rich white civic and integra boys and 5.0 driving east indians

89 5 speed LX 5.0 - off road h pipe, B&M short throw, 13* timing, blue bottle glasspacks, removed air silencer, accel super stock 8mm, bosch platinum 4's, no times
Import Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote