View Single Post
Old 06-11-2002, 08:49 PM   #37
Motorhead302
Registered Member

I don't know how much this will help the subject, but:

My friend has a '93 Cobra with 3.73's, MAC headers and off-road h, March pulleys, 70mm MAF (don't remember brand), a Tremec and a King Cobra clutch. with these mods, running on reg street 17's, I ran a 8.95 @ 80.xx with a 2.0 60 ft in the eighth.
Oh, it also has a full Kenny Brown level 5 suspension.

IMHO, the car in question isn't really running all that bad, it just sounds like it needs some better tuning. A guy I know who's an engine builder (he built Claire Stewart's 9.2 real street car) says that the cobra cam isn't all that great either. In the case of Factory Stock combos, he runs the HO cam, and makes much more hp and torque. The story as i understand it is that the engineers at Ford thought the customers would dislike the lack of low end grunt with the larger FRPP (then SVO) cams, so they closed up the lobe sep. to account, and traded high end hp for low end torque.

I think with a little practice driving it should run really strong. But don't underestimate traction, it is paramount to running good times. The next couple steps you make should definitely be better tires, and maybe some suspension mods.

Eric

95 GT, Pulleys, Headers, Off-road H, 3.55's, Tremec 3550, Cobra Clutch 14.4's @ 96mph before exhaust.

'92 LX, 4.10's, Underdrives, Off-road, Flowmaster 2 Chambers, Chrome Cobra R Wheels
NEW TIMES: 8.694@78.7, 13.694@97.76
Motorhead302 is offline   Reply With Quote