MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-07-2001, 12:01 AM   #1
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool Videos of my car =)

Well.. i FINALLY got the damnable hardware and Adobe Premiere to work...

Theyre all kinda quiet, be SURE to turn up volume LOUD.. too bad they dont do the mufflex 4" justice. If you listen to all the viddys, you'll notice that the LT's dont sound that much louder than the mufflex... they arent ; )

Heres the viddy's.. There are 3 more uploading now.. i'll post links as they finish =)

Open LT's (low low pic quality, DVD sound.. turn it up LOUD.. you'll like)

At Car Wash WITH mufflex 4" exh (Great cause you can hear blowerwhine)

Got two killer videos uploading now, one with little throttle action and nice blower sounds, and another with bypass valve sounds =) Hope you guys find em entertaining!

More shortly as they get on the server.. if its slow, i apologize.. all the videos i host are putting a hurtin on it!

Phil
Jerico Performance

EDIT: HERE is another viddy. Great sounds from blower and a 2/3 throttle 3rd and 4th gear.. runs through em quick. Its DAMN loud as it coasts at end of viddy.. camera has crazy zoom, thats over 1/3 mile away!

[This message has been edited by SkarodoM (edited 04-07-2001).]
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 12:57 AM   #2
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Smile

HERE is the last video i presently have... Its pretty much what the car sounds like approaching, while slowing down with bypass valve open..

If anyone wants a higher quality file.. i can make em =)

Hope you guys like em...

In about 15mins THIS will be uploaded. Its my bud brooke breaking the POS 10bolt rear that comes in our cars =P

Phil
Jerico Performance
Old 04-08-2001, 12:06 AM   #3
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Cool

Nice car man. The videos qualities are okay but the whole time I was waiting for some smoke and fire! Get down on it and post a vid of it.

Onboard Camera

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup w/ 4" Cowl
Stock 5.8L, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 CFM, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 01:11 AM   #4
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Smile

Fox

thnx maine, i know, those are lower pic quality and were done for sound since alot of ppl on other boards were asking...

Now that ive figured out how to use premiere etc., im going to head to the track with slicks and take some video...

I did a burnout the other night.. i would KILL for video of it.. rolled over in 1st.. grab 2nd.. half throttle pedaling to hold it btwn 4500-5500.. car barely started to move.. had a LONG way clear ahead of me, so i grabbed 3rd gear. Pedaled 3rd gear til i had to lift bout 100ft from a stop sign. I went back and looked the next day b/c its beside Jerico. I burned out for over 400ft!! i WISH i had that on video...

Oh woe is me.. i guess i'll have to go do anooooother one ; )

More to come for sure =)

Phil
Jerico Performance
Old 04-08-2001, 03:13 AM   #5
Mustanguy

Thumbs up

SkarodoM

Nice car dude!
What kinda mods have you done with the car?

What kinda exhaust set-up ya runnin also? Sounds Sweet!

------------------
Paxton Blown 87GT
ICQ#112698436
Old 04-08-2001, 09:33 AM   #6
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention. Maybe I live a sheltered life, but that is probably the best sounding Camaro (of that body style) that I have ever heard.

So you've never taken it to the track yet? Any predictions on 1/4 mile times?

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup w/ 4" Cowl
Stock 5.8L, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 01:19 PM   #7
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Smile

Mustanguy

Mmmmm... Comp CC306 (230/244 112 54x/58x), CC ProMag lifters, CChardened PR & guideplates, Had CC Promag 1.6's.. traded for Crane gold race 1.6's and guideplates out of necessity, +.050" locks (why i had to trade), 2.02/1.6 manly race-flos (cant bring myself to drop the cash on Ferrea ), Double springs, Headwork, Meziere elec WP (to ditch the pos stock timing set), Cloyes double-roller timing set, swapped to 95+ style optispark, 4.10's, 9lb ATI kit, 1-3/4 hooker supercomp LT's to a ypipe i had fabbed and a 4" mufflex exh with a spintech muffler and dual 3" outs. Other than that.. uhh.. well msd6al and BTM, lt1 Scanmaster, lt1_edit is on its way so i can reprogram.. 42lb/hr injectors... Too much crap that hurts when i think about, b/c of the $$$ =P

Now im trying to put a shortblock together for ALOT of boost... preferably from a t-76 turbo... Also waiting to get Gibbs Racecars to do my 8pt, DD subframes and loop. Allllsssoo.. NEED a 9" or a 12bolt... $1900-2300.. that hurts

I cant think of anything else... there's lil things like ARP stuff... gauges.. lighted rocker switches and other crap.. but thats bout all that matters i think.

Fox
Naw, not sheltered.. very very few ppl have this exh and very few (seems like it) ppl with f-bodies do real mods, cam/heads etc.
Im glad ya like it, i like it b/c its diff too. Everyone has flows... not that i dont like flows, but 1. the 4" flow-equipped mufflex is RETARDED loud (singlechamber race series) 2. LOUD heh. I like the spintech alot.. honestly reminds me of that sweet smooth 5.0 tone, just gets kinda angry when the cam starts talkin at ya =P Its also.. honestly, obnoxiously loud w/o cats. When ya get in it.. its seriously not much quieter than when ran round with open LT's. Even at idle its loud as hell.. rattles dishes inside my house and makes walls vibrate if its in the garage. I like =)

Track
Went once on street tires, blower is off car presently b/c it crashed. ATI is however replacing everything except the gearbox cases, ETA monday-wed. Pretty much, we decided to see what'd happen on $65 sumitomo street tires, and in its shittiest state of tune (stock PCM does NOT like what ive done lol). Its starving for air and intaking from near header.. IAT's are usually 140degF+.. also found out it was pulling 9deg of timing. One other thing.. cam peaks at 67-6800rpm, should be shifting at 6900rpm.. 6krpm pill is all i have presently, so we shortshifted by 1000rpm.
On a 2.3 60', we pedaled through 1st and 2nd and spun half through 3rd to the 330'. Its an 1/8 (mooresville dragway) and ran 8.7@85mph... hilarious i think. The car SO wanted to run, just kept breaking loose.. and spinning @ 1/2-2/3 throttle in the two quickest gears doesnt help. With the ET streets i have, im hoping for 8.2's.. (since everyone says it'll do high 7's , i'd rather be surprised instead of dissapointed.. tho it feels like theyre right). If it'll do a 7.8-7.9 n/a, then i wonder what it'll do with 6-9psi.. i have no idea.. should make over 600hp easily tho, makes me worry about stock shortblock . Most ppl with similar combos roll 380-420rwhp n/a.. i put a blower on it so who knows. Im excited is all i can say, hoping for high 10's 1/4 til i get other shortblock.. then 9's =)

And it looks stock lol

Sorry for the drawn out post lol... but ya asked for it.

Phil
Jerico Performance
Old 04-08-2001, 08:12 PM   #8
Mustanguy

Cool

Ok Phil now I wish I lived closer to where your at It would be fun watchin your car run down the ol'1/4 mile..

You have alotta time and $$$ invested in a sweet car! How long have you owned it?

------------------
Paxton Blown 87GT
ICQ#112698436
Old 04-08-2001, 09:30 PM   #9
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

Hrmmm..

Well its the 2nd car ive bought... bought it a lil b4 i turned 19 i think.. was after i graduated that i found it. Was the owner of jerico's buddies wifes car (was that coherent? lol). All it had was a moroso CAI and an accell coil on it. Big hp there lol. So.. just turned 20 the 28th of march. Had it for 8months or so b4 i tore into it.. my first automotive endeavor (grown up on 2 wheels) and im pleased.. took 6months to put it where its at now tho b/c of my indecisiveness and tendency to change my mind alot. Gotta thank my buddy Brooke tho, of New Age Motorsports.. he's the freakin man and has helped immensely since this is the first time ive tried any of this stuff. Had a street renegade stang that now runs 7's.. converting to pro5.0 car (his buddy Jeff something owns it now). If ya need parts etc., mail me.. i dont remember his mail addy but he's usually able to sell cheaper than summit/jegs =)

Worth it tho to me, ive yet to see another one like it.. i love stangs but so few ppl around here have f-bodies with any significant mods... =) Tho now i want a street renegade stang....

Phil
Jerico Performance

[This message has been edited by SkarodoM (edited 04-08-2001).]