MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-13-2002, 04:01 PM   #1
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

Default Nice Attitude!

What is happening to this board?? I came to this board because it wasn't like the rest of them, people here were very nice and understang and really helpful. BUT I have been here for a few weeks now and things are starting to go down hill. We have some who state that other people are more important and we have some that doesn't believe you even own a car let alone a mustang if you don't have a picture of it!!! And my all time favorite is a guy who post a picture on the board holding a sign saying F*** You Newbie!!!!!!!!!! Nice attitude! If it wasn't for us newbies this site wouldn't exsist!!!!!
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Shelby428cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 04:22 PM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

I'm thinking he has blower envy. I know some people can be gruff, and I've seen the tempers on others.

Sorry to hear(and see) that you have suffered at the hands of some of these characters. I can see how they may not believe somone with your credentials would have a Saleen, not to say that there is real doubt in anyones mind.

I might be time for you to hit the road in that thing. Personally I won't believe that you have it until I see it pulling up in front of my house, (hint hint) because you can do amazing things with Photochop these days.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 04:39 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

You have it all wrong!

I can prove it!

chill out, you have it all wrong. You are way too defensive I asked about your Saleen cause I like them. "PERIOD"

I never doubted the existence of your car.

"Note to self"........Dont PM people you dont know asking them how much HP and how much there car cost cause you like there car.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 04:42 PM   #4
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

Deuce why is it so hard to believe I have a Saleen, I mean this car isn't that rare!!! In fact I live in a small town of 15000 and I know of two people that have them, infact people on this board has them. It's not like I am saying I have a S281E or a S351. I have the freakin stripped down cheapest model of the saleen I bought used IT IS A 99! Well you'll see it soon enough remember I am coming out there to blow away some LS1!! SEE YA,
SQ Goddess
Old 08-13-2002, 04:46 PM   #5
The Deuce
Registered Member

That's what I like to hear. See if you can get old what's his name to trailer out the Pinto.

Btw, check your PM.

Old 08-13-2002, 04:55 PM   #6
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

It isnt hard to believe you have a Saleen at all .......Just nevermind, Im through with this!
Old 08-13-2002, 04:58 PM   #7
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy Re: Nice Attitude!

Quote:
Originally posted by Shelby428cj

What is happening to this board??

I came to this board because it wasn't like the rest of them, people here were very nice; understanding and really helpful. BUT - I have been here for a few weeks now and things are starting to go downhill.

We have some who state that other people are more important and we have some that don't believe you even own a car - let alone a Mustang - if you don't have a picture of it! And my all time favorite is a guy who posted a picture on the board holding a sign saying 'F*** You Newbie! Nice attitude! If it wasn't for us newbies this site wouldn't exist!
Shelby:

I regret the recent unpleasant posts that have you upset.

I can't blame you, but our moderators - me included - are volunteers and have jobs and families and other interests to attend so yes, things sometimes get by that shouldn't.

Your complaints point up the real dilemma moderators have to deal with all the time.

We try to keep the forums clean and flame-free but it's a constant effort, and then we're accused of being 'too controlling', 'egomanaics' (because we censor something) or generally 'too uptight' and 'constipated'. Those are the nicer accusations. Obviously, we can't keep everyone happy all the time but we would rather the nasty stuff get deleted and have one member annoyed with us than to have ten members offended by it.

Shelby, Mustang Works has always prided ourselves on our messageboard quality, compared to other websites. In that light, we're setting up new rules for the forums that will be enforced. Stay tuned, it's coming momentarily.

That ** Newbie photo was nasty and I should have deleted it, so I apologize for that oversight. I'm not sure what your other problems stem from (can't read every post on every thread) but if someone doubts your Mustang ownership there are various ways to prove it, or simply ignore the person. You don't owe anyone 'proof' of car ownership just because they challenge it. Let them prove they own their Mustang, first.

Remember, it's easy to be a jerk on the internet and a few go that route, even here. We weed out the people who bring down the website but we can't always get to do everything at once or as soon as we would like to.

I do ask that you stick around Shelby, and give us time to clean up the place a bit. We will, and quickly. Your thread is a wake-up call that the MW staff need to do a bit more to keep the forums useful and a pleasant place to visit as we always have. Nothing has changed, these clean-ups have to be done every so often. Sorry for your disappointment with us but I trust you'll stick around awhile longer.
Old 08-13-2002, 04:58 PM   #8
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

AND REMEMBER WE WERE ALL JUST JOKING TILL YOU DIDNT GET IT.......AND STARTED FLAMING.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:11 PM   #9
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I don't know who would doubt about having a Saleen. I could see if you said you had a S7 and were talking all this trash and stuff, but I never hear you talk about your car. It's not like your going around saying I got a Saleen. I honestly believe you, and if someone wants to lie to me about having a car they dont they go ahead, if it makes you feel better lieing to me then go ahead.

And I have something to admit, I really have a Honda Civic, not a Mach 1. It's just hard fitting in with the new fad of these "Ricers" I just can't stand loosing you mustang guys that I had to think of a cover up story. I thought if I pretended I was one of you guys that I could learn the secrets. hehehe... j/k with you all.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 05:42 PM   #10
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Trailer out the pinto huh?? Nah, it's not worth my breath to say anything sarcastic.
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 05:55 PM   #11
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

To Dark 5.0 first of all I am not mad and not being rude when I say this but I didn't start flaming so peace!

To Mustang Works I don't blame the moderators, it was a stupid misunderstanding and I am sorry it got taken this far. In fact I got a PM from the people involved and we stated it was wrong and we don't want to argue about it anymore.

To 1969 thanks heehee I wouldn't talk trash about my saleen it is stock and it runs 14.9 in the quarter so I know I would get my booty stomped!!!!!!! See ya later,
Karen
SQ Goddess
Old 08-13-2002, 06:13 PM   #12
srv1
Get down.....

well Karen it depends on were you live. where i am from there is only 2 of a population of roughly 250,000. so i would say it is kind of rare. also they arent cheap compared to a GT of that same year. and last, maybe some of the members have the problem of giving credability cause your a female. i on the other hand believe you have a Saleen. Most here do believe you and like it more because you are a female in this sport, so stay.
Dark 5.0 was kidding and make a further note that he isnt serious at all unless he has to be. you will learn the difference of the two and with other members as well IF you stick around see you on the boards, James....
srv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 06:32 PM   #13
induction
The Brit!

Shelby, if you even think of going away I will hunt you down and drag you back!!! I can't do all the work here by myself. lol Some of these guys are tough but you simply bust their chops a little and "poof "it's done. I remember somthing I said about " just let it go" and it was blown w a y out of sorts.( dont any of you bring it back up, please )lol Hey your tough as nails yet can be soft as cotton dont let anyone change that!! So grab a seat next to me & lets have some fun with them all . Besides your #28 I'm #27 hell were almost sisters!
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 06:39 PM   #14
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by induction
Besides your #28 I'm #27 hell were almost sisters!
huh, women!
Old 08-13-2002, 06:53 PM   #15
lysacat
Registered Member

Look Karen, Don't let these people get to you. It's easy to be a jerk on the internet. Just don't let them run you off. Stick it out and you'll begin enjoying the site again, I promise. There are some really good people here. C-ya, Melisa
Old 08-13-2002, 07:11 PM   #16
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

Quote:
Shelby, if you even think of going away I will hunt you down and drag you back!!! I can't do all the work here by myself. lol Some of these guys are tough but you simply bust their chops a little and "poof "it's done. I remember somthing I said about " just let it go" and it was blown w a y out of sorts.( dont any of you bring it back up, please )lol Hey your tough as nails yet can be soft as cotton dont let anyone change that!! So grab a seat next to me & lets have some fun with them all . Besides your #28 I'm #27 hell were almost sisters!
Just for note that's how this got started bustin chops, but everything is cool now infact me and Dark_5.0 have been PMing each other, talking about stangs of course!! Don't worry it would take a lot more than some retarded fight to chase me off!!! Thanks guys I feel really foolish this happend.
See Ya Laters!!!
Karen

P.S. SIS my new name for induction We need to get together and have a race men against women don't ya think... You know we would win!
SQ Goddess
Old 08-13-2002, 07:22 PM   #17
induction
The Brit!

Hell yes !!!!!!!!! Bench racing is the best .They cant touch us then lol. just keep your eye on PKRWUD, DEUCE,srv and that whole crew they know a few tricks about splinters lol
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 07:29 PM   #18
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Hell yes !!!!!!!!! Bench racing is the best .They cant touch us then lol. just keep your eye on PKRWUD, DEUCE,srv and that whole crew they know a few tricks about splinters lol
Great, now I'm thrown in a category with THAT guy?

Old 08-13-2002, 07:52 PM   #19
srv1
Get down.....

Thumbs up

KOOL! men vs. the ladies! great idea! i would love that challenge! ok, the women skins, the guys shirts!

Deuce, you are too far gone to go back......too late! Your "One of Us"!

cant get the grin off my face!
Old 08-13-2002, 09:14 PM   #20
PKRWUD

Bring it on.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote