MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 08:28 PM   #1
TheKillaOfRice
Registered Member

Arrow First Post + First Kill Story, i hope this is good enough for you guys. :p

In my 89 Supra (mods and stuff are in my signature) i was coming home from the gym, and suddenly a newer Mustang comes up behind me. we stop at the stoplight, he complements my car by saying "I like your car". So i ask him "can you go to the Mobil gas station which is a few miles ahead of us", so when we arrive at the gas station. we talk, he says he has an 02 V6 Mustang, and i tell him ive got an mk3 supra, but its NA. He says "do you have any mods"? I say "Intake, Headers, and an exhaust". I ask him the same question. He says "im stock". I ask him to race me, and he agrees. There is hardly anyone around us, so we are not putting anyone in danger thats for sure.

So here is the first race: We stop at another stoplight, and wait sort of impatiently for it to become Green. It turns green and we are off! he got a 1 car length lead on me at the start. But i started to reel him in, by the end of the race, i shut it down at 105. I have beaten him by 1 - 1.5 car length.

We go back to the gas station, and he says to me "damn im impressed with your car". I said "Hey...you wanna race me from a 30 MPH roll?". He says "sure why not?".

The second race is like this: me and him are at 30 mph steadily right now, we have agreed to do three honks, then go. So i honk once, than twice, than i do it a third time and we go! he get a Very small lead on me, it looked like it was smaller than half a carlength. Then, i went past him and shut it down at around 90. I got a 2 carlength lead.

Then after that, he just waves bye, and i go back to my house..hehe
Old 10-14-2002, 01:50 AM   #2
5.0 Pony
Registered Member

dude, seriously. KillOfRIce? you drive a supra, that's rice. Quit racing v6's and race some 8's. I eat supra's for lunch (along with many other things).
-9mm FMS Spark Plug Wires
-Hedmann Headers 2.5" O/R H-Pipe
-Flowmaster 40 series 2.5" Catback
Old 10-14-2002, 02:05 AM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

Default Re: First Post + First Kill Story, i hope this is good enough for you guys. :p

Quote:
Originally posted by TheKillaOfRice
In my 89 Supra[its NA] .... he says he has an 02 V6 Mustang .... so we are not putting anyone in danger thats for sure.
I didn't want to post the entire thing again, but that pretty much sums it up. An N/A supra vs a v6 Mustang. Too bad I wasn't there with my skateboard.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
Old 10-14-2002, 02:06 AM   #4
5.0 Pony
Registered Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA. thats great, skateboard vs. supra, vs v6stang.
-9mm FMS Spark Plug Wires
-Hedmann Headers 2.5" O/R H-Pipe
-Flowmaster 40 series 2.5" Catback
Old 10-14-2002, 12:09 PM   #5
ImportKiller
Registered Member

How dare a ricer post on our boards, beating his chest proudly, "I beat a v6 stang"

what do 500hp 600hp 700hp supras all have in common?

12 second time slips

http://geocities.com/team340maxim

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
JBA Headers, Bassani X-Pipe
Mac 3' Catback system.
Old 10-14-2002, 12:22 PM   #6
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

You guys have a lot of frickin nerve. Espectilly you Deuce considering that your car is only a hair(if any) faster than his. Have you ever seen his car? How in the hell do you know if it's riced out or not? Doesn't sound like it to me.

So basicly your ragging him because he posted a kill story between himself and a V-6 stang. Hell I've posted a couple of racing stories and I only have a 2.3 Quick!!! you guys better flame me.

Grow up a little guys.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 10-14-2002, 12:36 PM   #7
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
You guys have a lot of frickin nerve. Espectilly you Deuce considering that your car is only a hair(if any) faster than his. Have you ever seen his car? How in the hell do you know if it's riced out or not? Doesn't sound like it to me.

So basicly your ragging him because he posted a kill story between himself and a V-6 stang. Hell I've posted a couple of racing stories and I only have a 2.3 Quick!!! you guys better flame me.

Grow up a little guys.
Byte me. I never called it 'rice' I just called it slow. Who pissed in your Cheerio's this morning Josh?

Old 10-14-2002, 12:42 PM   #8
tireburner163

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
Byte me. I never called it 'rice' I just called it slow. Who pissed in your Cheerio's this morning Josh?
but you did call him slow and the fact is that your GT is barely(if any) faster than his car.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 10-14-2002, 12:53 PM   #9
VT StangFreak
Registered Member

Winter Projects: Cobra ground effects, New Cat-Back Exhaust, Cobra Intake. Cobra R wheels

5.0 PONY,

I have an 89GT and I would like to put a cobra ground effects kit on my car. I have been looking for one, but I cannot find one, where are you getting yours????
Edelbrock Aluminum heads, E303 Ford racing cam, Probe Forged pistons, Cobra Intake, Pro M Mass Air, 65mm Throttle Body, 24# injectors, Ford Racing Clutch, Aluminum Drive Shaft, 3.55's, Nitto's, rebuilt T-5 tranny, White Face Gauges, full exhaust, underdrive pulleys.
Old 10-14-2002, 12:54 PM   #10
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
but you did call him slow and the fact is that your GT is barely(if any) faster than his car.
I just have a hard time believing that is a low 15 car. When I get the 3.55's from Russ, I should be in the 14's with just that. Especially seeing Inferno thinks we will be close, and he has better mods.

Old 10-14-2002, 01:31 PM   #11
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
I'm outtie for the following reasons.

Ricer-phobia.

Bashing of the base model Mustangs.

Being absolutely antagonistic of new members to the point they just leave, regardless of how appropriate most threads/posts have been.

Quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 Pony
dude, seriously. KillOfRIce? you drive a supra, that's rice. Quit racing v6's and race some 8's. I eat supra's for lunch (along with many other things).
Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
I didn't want to post the entire thing again, but that pretty much sums it up. An N/A supra vs a v6 Mustang. Too bad I wasn't there with my skateboard.
That pretty much sums it up.

I'm surprised that Deuce made a comment like that. I'm going to enjoy showing him the taillights of my lightly modded Supra. Come to San Bernardino today if you can. You can see how slow a N/A Supra is first hand. In terms of my "mods", ignition wires, exhaust and a cold air kit isn't that spectacular. Of course you won't have nothing to worry about in your V8 stang. I mean my car does only weigh 2800lbs and it does come with a factory 4.30 lsd in the back. Your move Deuce.
Old 10-14-2002, 01:42 PM   #12
inferno
The Instigator

I notice you looked at the thread Deuce....no response????
Old 10-14-2002, 02:40 PM   #13
ImportKiller
Registered Member

OKay mr 84 POS supra, with no mods...???

I'll let betty bend you over

Your Choice

1. Sand
2. Gravel

Just remember you asked for it, talking big head on the Stang board...

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Mac 3' Catback system.
Old 10-14-2002, 04:08 PM   #14
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by inferno
I notice you looked at the thread Deuce....no response????
Yeah, I looked at it without responding. I'm at work and I don't always have the time (energy) to respond to everything right away.

Besides the fact that one or both of us will get busted if we go on the street tonight, I still couldn't make it out there to run on a track. Only Monday and its already been one of those weeks.

Old 10-14-2002, 04:25 PM   #15
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Geez come on you guys. A supra is rice? WTF. I dont care if its NA or not, Supras are nice cars and just like any other NA car you can do things to make them quick.

You guys really do not have the authority to flame Inferno. He is a very good guy and has been pn this board sharing a lot of information for a long time. (longer than ive been here)

Geez you guys say you dont have the V8 holier than thou persona but then you guys say this crap

cant we all just get along with other car owners? i mean maybe if this guy drives a civic with an intake and a fart can and a wing and comes in here bragging he beat a Cobra then thats rice. But Killaofrice never made any comments about that.

If you ever talk to guys who own respectable Imports they hate the whole rice movement as much as we do because it gives them a bad name. Cool the **** out people.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
Old 10-14-2002, 04:33 PM   #16
ImportKiller
Registered Member

Well i guess i can say to that is

Your right, but any ricer comes on the board calling out one of my fellow stangers, i can't just allow that...

I have to step up and smoke'em....but your right maybe hes a nice guy just a lil misguided in his choice of automobile.

I'm willing to shake hands and be friends.....(nevermind those brass knuckles)

1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Mac 3' Catback system.
Old 10-14-2002, 04:40 PM   #17
The Deuce
Registered Member

Nick, I wasn't flaming anyone. I gave inferno a reasonable explanation and haven't heard back. I thought it was funny that KillerofRice was so proud of beating a Stang I wouldn't even think to race.

I think as much as people getting a 'holier than thou' attitude is getting annoying, so is listening to peopl beotch and moan every time a joke is made, about anything. Since when did this board become PC central?

Old 10-14-2002, 06:00 PM   #18
inferno
The Instigator

ImportKiller, I'm game if you are. I talked to one of your co-workers and I'm not concerned with your car. I'm sure that you aren't afraid of my misguided choice in vehicle. Like was mentioned before, I've been here for longer than a lot of the Stang owners on this site including you. Today is fine, but I'm game tomorrow or anytime you are ready. Your best bet is to get some more mods before you come race me or you will have to come back to this board with your tail between your legs. Your call ImportKiller.

BTW, when you lose, you can change your name to Killed By Import. Or do you prefer Killed By POS 84 Supra?
Old 10-14-2002, 06:19 PM   #19
tireburner163

Quote:
Originally posted by ImportKiller
Your right, but any ricer comes on the board calling out one of my fellow stangers, i can't just allow that...
They've been setting this race up for several days now......so it's not really like he called him out

Quote:
Originally posted by Deuce I thought it was funny that KillerofRice was so proud of beating a Stang I wouldn't even think to race....
I bet you would have thought about it if you had a V-6 Mustang or simmilar 6.

Inferno too bad you don't have Project Mongoose anymore

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 10-14-2002, 06:21 PM   #20
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
They've been setting this race up for several days now......so it's not really like he called him out

I bet you would have thought about it if you had a V-6 Mustang or simmilar 6.

Inferno too bad you don't have Project Mongoose anymore
I still have the drivetrain...just no chassis or engine management....yet.