MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-01-2002, 02:42 PM   #1
LfiveohX
Addicted to the 5.0

Default Nitrous boosted Civic goes down!

So I was cruising up Desoto towards the 118 in the San Fernando Valley with my brother in the car and a Red Civic 2 door hatch with a roll cage / gauges / body kit / big exhaust / stripped interior goes farting by us on the right. So I followed him onto the onramp and we merge on to the freeway. We were doing about 70 when we hit it and I instantly start walking away from him. We had to split some traffic and we slowed down, now I'm in the carpool lane and he is in the fast lane. He was motioning me to go again so I did and he hits it and we both hear his nitrous kick in. I still was pulling away from him but obviously not as much as before. My brother and I were quite impressed with how well it kept up. I don't think my car is extremely fast but I can usually embarrass almost any Honda. We went from about 70 to 115mph and he was not far behind me the whole time. I still beat him though I would have liked to race him from a stop.
Adam

For Sale!!!! - Brand new Paxton Novi 2000 Kit for 86-93 Mustangs.
LfiveohX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 02:46 PM   #2
vtec8ter
Registered Member

yeah. everyone always talks about ricers because of some of the cocky teens that get a K&N air filter and exhaust and think they have a car like the S2000 and civics they saw on fast and the furious. but, what everyone has to realize is that there are some legit racers out there in civic's. i saw a civic run a 13.5 without spray.... and i know for a fact that this civic will kick the shyt out of alot of cars...even mustangs
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote