Thread: no big deal
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 08:32 PM   #13
02ss
Registered Member

traction control is on my car but it is no good for performance driving. i let my f1's down to 24psi and do a short burnout. then i launch. i have to give props to the staff at fayetteville motorsports park for their super track prep. they prep test and tune better than other tracks in the area do their race days. that is why i do not have drag radials, i dont need them at the track. i have launched my car at 3000 rpm and almost dumped the clutch with very slight wheelspin, almost none. i think that they put some kind of traction aid down, not sure. i had a 95 corvette with an art carr 9.5 inch convertor and ran a 1.70 short time on worn out to the cord bfg drags at fayetteville.(not 1.79 either, 1.70) i have not quite got into the 1's with this car, i have ran a 2.02 short time. i have to launch at 2000 r's on the street or i blow my tires off. when i spray this car, i will get some nittos on some spare 10 spokes if i can find some used ss wheels. this car is so much better than the lt1 cars that i have had, it is truly an awesome performance car. i spent 3 grand on a 94 z28 to run what this car runs stock.
soon to be sprayed
92 wrangler 350v8 700r4
02ss is offline   Reply With Quote