View Single Post
Old 03-19-2002, 10:28 AM   #1
geno5.0
Registered Member

Cool No longer a virgin Score:GM 0 FORD 1

Well it happend my first REAL RACE I have picked on ricers but that does not count!!!!!!. Guys I need some help on HP estmates and 1/4 mile times. And this race may help. Last time I posted my mods I did not have enough Info!!

FIRST the race. Leaving work I pulled up behind a WS6 at a light, My heart was pounding because there was no traffic. And I might get a chance to see how fast my car is. The light turns green he gets going. Slow at first; I follow, then he hammers it , I do the same.He does not spin,and pulls a car or more on me because I'm smoking them. Remember I started from behind him!!he had a bit of a lead. I have a AOD and I hold 1st they hook up and I pull back even with his back bumper. He hammers 2nd and scratches right in my ear. I shift into D and start spinning again dammit!!!!. He pulls 3 or4 feet more on me and I hook up again. Here I COME!!!! I hold 2nd and drive by him, At the top of 2nd he is at my back bumper. I hit D again and he drops back a car and a half. We are doing about 90 to 95mph. And I see him shut down. So I do the same. We pull up to the next light he rolls down his window and say NICE CAR!! He has respect. and wont go again.

Now Help Me???? I just bought my car 5week ago and I feel I paid alot for it but when I saw it I had to have it. I bought it from the 2nd owner he did not do the mods. And did not know alot about them, he did know the basics. I checked them out and they are all there. start on top. Cobra intake, BBk 65mm tb,75mm Maf,K/N cone,24lb fms ing,Svo heads alu Idont know the size, Cam? dont know the size, But trust me it has one, very lumppy. bbk equ lgh hedders,offroad H,flowmasters,crane Coil ,distribtor does not look stock but it is ford it says svo? Underdrive pulleys, griffin alu raidtor. tranny cooler, sub frame connectors,gears??dont know what size? rpm is at 2900 at 75mph in over drive.battrie relocated. Stickers under the hood say hypertech. and he did not know it but I pulled a valve cover and it has roller rockers. also all bushings are urthane.
BODY 21/2 inch cowl and Saleen wing.
Custom: goldish sivlerish paint.
The car has 49000 org miles.

NOW I paid 8,250 for it did I get ripped off???
What HP do you think it has and 1/4 mile times will it do.!! On the heads and cam give me estmates based on avg heads and avg cam.
Any Est will help.!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: the WS6 was not the new one with the 4 big intakes on the hood but the older one with the two slits on the hood.

Thanks GUYS!!!!!
I posted a PIc

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-002s.jpg (32.7 KB, 107 views)
Mods:Svo Alu Y Heads,1.72roller rockers,Cam,Cobra Upper&lower,bbkEqu hedders,Offroad H,FlowmasterMuffs,BBk70mm Tb,and73mmMAF,UnderDrive Pulleys,24lb Svo Inj,Kirban AFPR,190lph Walbro,Griffin Alu Rad,Crane Coil,Batt Relocated to trunk,K/Ncone,smog pump removed,Built Aod,DSSL,3.73gears,Alu flywheel,2800stall,NOS 5115 100shot, Iknow I forgot something

Best on motor13.66@102.55 2.14 60'
Best on spray13.20@108.98(2.69 60')
I Bet mid to low 12 if I can Hook!
All runs on street tires

Last edited by geno5.0; 03-19-2002 at 04:29 PM..
geno5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote