MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 12:46 PM   #1
5.0blahblahblah
Registered Member

Default No respect

Hi guys lemme just say I like LS1's better than any mustang period. But beyond that I don't own either car, I own a 1991 Jeep Cherokee 4.0HO I6 with 110,000 miles on it. Runs like a champ. The jeep is stock w/the exception of the stereo. Now to the stories.

Last summer there is a late model v6 stang that is bein a total jerk and riding my arse when the person in front of me is doing 30 in a 40... hmm not my fault. So they go zooming by when the road opens up into two lanes. At the next light I rev at them (the car was occupied by two 20 something men) They look at each other then give "the nod". I hit the "comfort" switch on my a4 tranny and rev to about 3k (stupid on my part because I had some wheelspin, they had none). I take this car to about 60 and I beat it by 3 car lengths! WHAT a joke!

Now to the kicker, last night I was drivin home and there was a 80's-93 5.0 driving fast on the same stretch of road. I pull up next to him and see that there are 3 guys in the car and I am by myself. I dont know what that stang weighs but my jeep is around 3000 or so w/out someone in it. So I prolly had a weight advantage, but come on! its a five-o! So I rev to 2k and let off of the brake I drag this guys *** till about 55mph then he finally pulls on me. He was a good sport and said good race and that my jeep ran well, he asked me what i've done and I didnt want him to feel bad so I said i had an intake and exhaust (which is untrue). My point with all of this is why buy a "sports car" if you can get beat by an 11 year old stock SUV???
Old 07-13-2002, 12:51 PM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Thats awesome man!! Yeah, stangs arent that fast usually. In fact, I was actually considering trading in the cobra for a 91 Jeep Cherokee. I mean, Jeep Cherokee is just synonomous with cool. I think it would turn way more heads than my bright red cobra does. My girlfriend also said she would rather cruise in a jeep anyway than in the GT or the Cobra. I think most redblooded americans would agree that you have one sick ride on your hands there. Dont have too much fun with that thing!! Save some ladies for us!!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 07-13-2002, 12:54 PM   #3
5.0blahblahblah
Registered Member

Default gee thanks

Thanks for your seemingly sarcastic remarks. If my perception is wrong then I apologize. Oh yea and about the whole red blooded american crap. When I was in highschool i would say that 4 out of every ten people had a mustang so it was actually uncool to have one.

BTW didnt you lose to an LS1 recently???

again.. if I read your post wrong I am sorry.
Old 07-13-2002, 01:03 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Default Re: gee thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by 5.0blahblahblah
Thanks for your seemingly sarcastic remarks. If my perception is wrong then I apologize. Oh yea and about the whole red blooded american crap. When I was in highschool i would say that 4 out of every ten people had a mustang so it was actually uncool to have one.

again.. if I read your post wrong I am sorry.
No, you definitely read my post correctly

I don't believe I did lose to an LS1 recently, though a well driven one should be able to take me.

I must ask, though, why you'd come to a mustang site, create the screenname 5.0blahblahblah, let it be known that you dont like stangs, tell some BS stories about your 19sec Jeep beating mustangs, and expect anything more than sarcasm or flames. After reading your post I just assumed you were looking for a flamefest, so I came back with my witty assault.

BTW, my friend has the EXACT same car as you, 91 jeep with a six, and that thing can barely get out of its own way, let alone beat up on stangs. Just finish up your trolling and move on to another site where it might be welcomed with less animosity.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 07-13-2002, 02:07 PM   #5
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

I think I need some waders to get through all this sarcasm. Anyway, you know what they say "Jealousy is the sincerest (sp?) form of flattery"

He's probably some 16 yr old that gets to use daddy's Jeep on the weekends so he can "Pick up mad girlies yo with his pimped out and hookd up Cherokee"

Move on to a different site buddy

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Old 07-13-2002, 03:48 PM   #6
5.0blahblahblah
Registered Member

Default no

Actually I'm 18 and its my daily driver that is in the process of recieving a lift kit. I wasnt bashing ALL mustangs. I used to want a 5.0 my main point was that I didnt realize they were that slow and you can call bs all you want but I smoked that guy until he hit 3rd gear. I'm sorry your friends jeep is in such poor shape does he take very good care of it?
Old 07-13-2002, 03:57 PM   #7
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Default Re: no

Quote:
Originally posted by 5.0blahblahblah
Actually I'm 18 and its my daily driver that is in the process of recieving a lift kit. I wasnt bashing ALL mustangs. I used to want a 5.0 my main point was that I didnt realize they were that slow and you can call bs all you want but I smoked that guy until he hit 3rd gear. I'm sorry your friends jeep is in such poor shape does he take very good care of it?
Yeah, he takes good care of it. Its got torque off the line, but like you said, it just dies up top. If you are going to be a productive member, that's cool with all of us here. It just seemed weird to come in bashing stangs at a stang site, and creating such an offputting Screenname. See you around?

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 07-13-2002, 04:21 PM   #8
86 Grand Marqui
Registered Member

Location: Dover, Delaware...Ft.Pierce, Florida...Hiawassee, Georgia...Las Vegas, Nevada.

And "I" was called a "Ricer". Shame Shame.ps: A 4.0 HO Cherokee "should" run close to a 16 flat,if all is running perfectly, which is not bad for a Vehicle that does weigh Alot more than 3,000(Wet)--Other that that,What did response did you expect from what you said? blahblahetc...-----Go here for Cherokee Specs--http://members1.chello.nl/~r.vink/jeepspecs.htm
Old 07-13-2002, 05:57 PM   #9
MattwantsSpeed
Registered Member

I witnessed a Cherokee (similar year and engine) run at Lebanon Valley, NY this past Wednesday night and to my suprise ran around a 16flat. BUT a far cry from sopposedly running with a car that is 1 second faster in a 1/4 mile-stock. One second in a 1/4 mile is a pretty decent distance. I do agree with him beating a late model V6 though, my g/f's 00 Convertible ran a 16.7 with 2 occupants.

Best to date: 14.331@97.46mph with 14*/stock fan/short belt and a 2.222 60' in 90 degree weather

Waiting to put on Off road H and 1 5/8 headers

Rice Hater's Club #36
Old 07-13-2002, 08:16 PM   #10
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
Umm, no...
In fact, I beat a bolt-on LS1 Camaro and an SS at the same time not too long ago...

Did you REALLY think you would get constructive comments from a post like this?
Whatever...
Old 07-13-2002, 10:06 PM   #11
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

5.0blahblahblah you iv'e won a award.

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 07-13-2002, 10:27 PM   #12
1BAD302
Registered Member

LMAO

Not only is that the prestigeous assclown award...but its the Type R assclown award. What a special guy!

Rice Haters club member #29

Stereo - 2/1000watt 12" MTX subs; Kenwood 1000watt amp; Pioneer 4/ 50watt deck
Old 07-13-2002, 11:24 PM   #13
stanger50
Registered Member

Default 5.0blahblahblah you sure got big cajones

for posting this kind of stuff. If or when you actually get an LS1 I can't imagine the kind of shyt you'll be doing on the streets against stangs thinking that you can beat them all. Racing stangs is "like a box of chocolates", know what I mean?
Old 07-15-2002, 12:17 AM   #14
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

5.0 Mustangs slow? Man, where have you been hangin out at? My 4-Runner would probably e.t. in the high 20 second range if I were to run it! Man, you shouldn't be on this board talking about Mustangs like that. I don't think that there's any way that a stock Jeep would dust a Mustang. A V-6? Maybe... That's just my view on the situation.

RHC MEMBER #25
Old 07-15-2002, 12:27 AM   #15
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Old 07-15-2002, 03:01 AM   #16
gensavestheday
Registered Member

hahahahaha!!!! thats great !!!
Closed Thread