MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2002, 12:46 PM   #1
5.0blahblahblah
Registered Member

Default No respect

Hi guys lemme just say I like LS1's better than any mustang period. But beyond that I don't own either car, I own a 1991 Jeep Cherokee 4.0HO I6 with 110,000 miles on it. Runs like a champ. The jeep is stock w/the exception of the stereo. Now to the stories.

Last summer there is a late model v6 stang that is bein a total jerk and riding my arse when the person in front of me is doing 30 in a 40... hmm not my fault. So they go zooming by when the road opens up into two lanes. At the next light I rev at them (the car was occupied by two 20 something men) They look at each other then give "the nod". I hit the "comfort" switch on my a4 tranny and rev to about 3k (stupid on my part because I had some wheelspin, they had none). I take this car to about 60 and I beat it by 3 car lengths! WHAT a joke!

Now to the kicker, last night I was drivin home and there was a 80's-93 5.0 driving fast on the same stretch of road. I pull up next to him and see that there are 3 guys in the car and I am by myself. I dont know what that stang weighs but my jeep is around 3000 or so w/out someone in it. So I prolly had a weight advantage, but come on! its a five-o! So I rev to 2k and let off of the brake I drag this guys *** till about 55mph then he finally pulls on me. He was a good sport and said good race and that my jeep ran well, he asked me what i've done and I didnt want him to feel bad so I said i had an intake and exhaust (which is untrue). My point with all of this is why buy a "sports car" if you can get beat by an 11 year old stock SUV???