MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-19-2002, 05:33 PM   #1
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

Default Nothing to brag about, but first race in a while...

Well actually there are 2 kills. Last night I was with a few friends at a car show(to cold for most people, so we were the only ones actually there...)My friend showed up in his 95 Volvo 850 or something. It's turbocharged, Before winter he use to smoke me by a car or 2 every time we raced to 85 or so. Darn that thing. My Other buddy was anxious to see how much the stang actually improved since the few mods I put in. We lined up at a light we both spun (his tires are almost bald, somehow.) We both get even launches, then I hit 2nd and i'm about a car length ahead of him, by the time we hit 60 he was like 3 or 4 lengths behind me, and I could see him in my rearview (he always shuts down at 50 or 60 on street, quite annoying...) we went at it again, got him again. That was that, and I had my girlfriend in the car! fun stuff

This is nothing to brag about, but I really wanted to shut this guy up. I was out job hunting. I don't really know why, it was like 4:30 on sunday...but anyways I see this senior that's in my econsumerism class that talks so much about his V6 firebird and how he stomps on 98+ Z28's(he has a few things in the bird but nothing that could stomp an LS-1 or LT-1 for that matter.), I call bs on him and he shuts up for the day but continues to talk later on in the week. Anyways...I see him turn left at a light so I immediatly drop the job hunting and try to catch up, we get to a light...FINALLY, I CAN MAKE THIS GUY SHUTUP!!! Light turns green he pulls half a car length or so ahead of me off the start ( I could sure use some wheels for my Drag radials)...as soon as I catch traction I pull on him really hard and by 70 or so he was WAAAAYYYYY back...Funny stuff, wonder what he'll tell everyone in econsumerism...

Again, nothing to brag about, but still had some fun! Later

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: